[MondoCon 3 Exclusive] RAN by Kevin Tong (Black Dragon Press)

Sep 8, 2013
Both prints will be first available at The Kevin Tong illustration booth at Mondocon, which runs October 22-23, 2016. After Mondocon, Black Dragon Press will have an online drop, more details about that will be sent out in their newsletter.

RAN by Kevin Tong
24" x 36" screen print
100lb cream cover paper
Signed and numbered by the artist
Gallery stamped on reverse
Limited Edition of 140
Printed by D&L
$60
reg.jpg

RAN (Japanese Variant) by Kevin Tong
24" x 36" screen print.
100lb cream cover paper
Signed and numbered by the artist
Gallery stamped on reverse
Limited Edition of 60
Printed by D&L
$90
var.jpg

I've not seen the film yet but this print is kinda too cool to worry about things like that...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and tridon
still trying to choose which I like more. I think I'm edging to the colour of the first - but I've said it before knowing Tong's prints in person the metallic inks are going to look incredible.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
This looks stunning :drool: Kevin Tong is a beast!

Black Dragon Press should get more awesome prints since they're in the UK so shipping is much more affordable for me :rolleyes:

their link up with one of the American ones (Bottleneck I think???) means we should get some more stuff. Karl Fitzgerald is doing a Total Recall one. Be good for you especially with the £ doing so pitifully haha!!

they are releasing some beautiful prints though

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
their link up with one of the American ones (Bottleneck I think???) means we should get some more stuff. Karl Fitzgerald is doing a Total Recall one. Be good for you especially with the £ doing so pitifully haha!!

they are releasing some beautiful prints though

They definitely do. But if I pay with PayPal I don't benefit a lot of the struggling GBP.
PayPal currency exchange is like robbery :pain:

I think we gotta find us a helper to get some stuff from that other hall!

Holy cow, this is a great one.

Yeah, I was hoping @AcIDc0r3, @mlmaier84, or @bloodsnake007 could make it again this year to assist (and to hang out). Maybe if (former) Scanavo Nick is hanging around, he can help us out. ;)

I haven't checked out where the artists are yet. Is Tong in a different hall this year? He wasn't far from us last year.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Yeah, I was hoping @AcIDc0r3, @mlmaier84, or @bloodsnake007 could make it again this year to assist (and to hang out). Maybe if (former) Scanavo Nick is hanging around, he can help us out. ;)

I haven't checked out where the artists are yet. Is Tong in a different hall this year? He wasn't far from us last year.
Unfortunately I couldn't get off from work so I won't be making it this year. :( If all goes well I'm hoping to make it there next year though. :)

Yeah, he's in Arsenio Hall this year.

We've got the Mondo Booth, Olly Moss, Mike Mitchell, Rob Jones, and The Vacvvm with us.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Yeah, he's in Arsenio Hall this year.

We've got the Mondo Booth, Olly Moss, Mike Mitchell, Rob Jones, and The Vacvvm with us.

Okay, so Olly took his spot then because Mitchell, Jones, and The Vacvvm were all in Annie Hall with us last year. Kevin Tong was in there, too. Just found out that @mlmaier84 will be at MondoCon again this year, so he'll be stopping by the booth quite a bit. :thumbs:

Unfortunately I couldn't get off from work so I won't be making it this year. :( If all goes well I'm hoping to make it there next year though. :)

Yeah, gonna miss you this year, man. Loved meeting and hanging with you last year! Here's hoping for 2017! :thumbs:

Okay, so Olly took his spot then because Mitchell, Jones, and The Vacvvm were all in Annie Hall with us last year. Kevin Tong was in there, too. Just found out that @mlmaier84 will be at MondoCon again this year, so he'll be stopping by the booth quite a bit. :thumbs:
I'm so fu**ing upset I wont be attending, but I do HOPE you all take plenty of pics and share them! :woot: :notworthy: :photo: 2017, I wont miss that one! :thumbs: And I'm glad the Texas Sasquatch (@mlmaier84) will be attending! :cool: :D

I'm so fu**ing upset I wont be attending, but I do HOPE you all take plenty of pics and share them! :woot: :notworthy: :photo: 2017, I wont miss that one! :thumbs: And I'm glad the Texas Sasquatch (@mlmaier84) will be attending! :cool: :D

It's too bad that I don't have a layover in Phoenix this year like I did last year. Could've hung out for a bit! You'll be missed this year, buddy!

Still haven't decided which to go for. I watched the film this morning. The score is unreal. I appreciate the symbolism of the artwork too now.