Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 24, 2021
Purchase links: FNAC - Amazon FR
Price: €39.99

81JvKrGU+XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71TX6P-zUdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So you’re saying they need to take down the listing for UK? I’ll contact them tomorrow as I was waiting to see what it looked like. If it’s good I’ll source a copy from US anyway. Thanks for info. Wonder if the citizen Kane is the same.

So you’re saying they need to take down the listing for UK? I’ll contact them tomorrow as I was waiting to see what it looked like. If it’s good I’ll source a copy from US anyway. Thanks for info. Wonder if the citizen Kane is the same.
Yes Zavvi UK are not allowed sell USA import of films
BBFC warned Zavvi UK for doing this a few years ago

Zavvi USA is now a separate website to Zavvi UK and the other Zavvi International websites

It's ok to sell on Zavvi USA but is not on Zavvi UK

Yeah, $70 in UK, or $35 in US, cool, cool-cool-cool.
We always pay more. the UK one might be a more substantial package. Have to wait and see.
It's indeed the US release with region A blu-ray. The prices you see on the US Zavvi page are for customers outside the US. You can also order it from Zavvi uk for 50 £ (or the German Zavvi). It's not unusual, for example some US Blue Underground releases also pop up on Zavvi, but also at ridiculous prices.
If you want such US editions outside the US (and I certainly will check out those Criterion releases) you can go cheaper with amazon.com, DeepDiscount or DiabolikDVD.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
It's indeed the US release with region A blu-ray. The prices you see on the US Zavvi page are for customers outside the US. You can also order it from Zavvi uk for 50 £ (or the German Zavvi). It's not unusual, for example some US Blue Underground releases also pop up on Zavvi, but also at ridiculous prices.
If you want such US editions outside the US (and I certainly will check out those Criterion releases) you can go cheaper with amazon.com, DeepDiscount or DiabolikDVD.
Blue Underground USA Blu-ray releases should also not be listed on Zavvi UK as they are not BBFC certified

It's OK for them be listed on Zavvi USA or on another USA retailer website
Zavvi USA is now separate from the other Zavvi websites
Zavvi USA can sell USA and UK Blu-ray releases

BBFC Website
The Video Recordings Act 1984 (VRA) makes it illegal to supply any video, DVD or Blu-ray in the UK which is not classified by the BBFC

Reason why you don't see Arrow Video USA only releases as (in release that did not get a UK release from Arrow) on Zavvi UK is they not BBFC certified

Arrow Video USA release of Django for example was removed from Zavvi UK website for that reason but is listed on Zavvi USA
There are other Arrow USA only releases you will see listed on Zavvi USA but won't see listed on Zavvi UK

Zavvi don't have third party sellers use their UK website to sell blu-ray like Amazon UK do

USA imports on Amazon UK are third party or Amazon USA
Amazon Sarl UK/EU are not the seller of USA imports on Amazon UK that's the difference

Retailers Music is allowed be sold regardless what country it's from most times
With odd exception where a music release has a restriction on what country a retailer can ship to

Example Waxwork Records The Fog and Escape from New York was USA shipping only due to Silva Screen Records having rights outside USA

Reactions: BatOutOfHell
Music is different as that don't have age rating controls certificates.

Films Sold on UK retailers require be BBFC certified

It's not like what you see on Amazon UK that is when the seller is third party or amazon USA themselves

Example Amazon UK could not sell USA releases of film themselves
Agreed. Yet somehow zavvi UK also had/has the US shout factory 4k releases of the Halloween films up for sale as well. Didn't make sense to me.

Reactions: paulboland
So is the UK Studio canal release scheduled and confirmed as a steelbook? Couldnt find mention of it out in the wide world.
Did come across a brief article for anyone interested in the restoration process for the new edition.. Restoring Mulholland Drive: a glimpse behind the scenes of a stunning makeover
@mikeab07
Already posted on previous page ;)

StudioCanal did a 4K Scan in 2015 and that 4K scan was finished in 2K by Criterion for a Blu-ray release.
The StudioCanal release in 2017 used that 2K transfer that came from the 4K scan and also did Criterion USA release in 2015

StudioCanal have done a new 4K scan of the original negative in February 2021 for the 20th Anniversary

They licenced this new 4K restoration to Criterion for the USA 4K UHD release

StudioCanal will be releasing themselves 4K UHD in countries they do their own home media releases
UK/France

Info about the new 4K restoration done by StudioCanal

Reactions: mikeab07
Amazon France
Purchase link added to OP
Same price €39.99

Looks like shipping to delivery address in France only at the moment

That should change closer to release date or after for those with a delivery address in other countries

Amazon list as 4K collector's edition but no mention of steelbook

This seems to be newly commissioned art..it seems to work best on the landscaped box- the cropping for the inner case loses key elements of the design. I'm feeling deflated by this at the moment..not feeling it so far..

Reactions: ethnosax