Slipcover Murder By Decree (Blu-ray Slipcover) (StudioCanal Vintage Classics) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 28, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £15.00 (Amazon) - £17.99 (Zavvi)

81-Kb4jwNNS._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Grendel and C.C. 95
Heh, yeah, I had "murder" on the brain my buddy. You are right. of course.
i don't have the book but quite enjoyed the animated feature.
Of course I have "Frenzy" as part of my Hitch collection.
Been a while since I watched that in fact.
Time for another spin. :)

You just keep on with the corrections my friend, I'm old and senile and require constant upkeep... ;)
@Grendel
I'm sure when I make a mistake, you will land on me like a sumo wrestler..... :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Grendel
hey NInjas above, thanks for the convo.:thanks: i love me some well-made Holmes. :drool: just finished re-watching all the Basil Rathbone's, will be doing all the Jeremy Brett's next (one of the best portrayals of the character for me), after watching my new (old) 'Rivals of Sherlock Holmes' tv series compilation via Network. and of course the Cumberbatches.

never seen this, but the cast is ridiculous, and it's clear you guys recommend. is this a watch-once, or a repeat-favourite?

hey NInjas above, thanks for the convo.:thanks: i love me some well-made Holmes. :drool: just finished re-watching all the Basil Rathbone's, will be doing all the Jeremy Brett's next (one of the best portrayals of the character for me), after watching my new (old) 'Rivals of Sherlock Holmes' tv series compilation via Network. and of course the Cumberbatches.

never seen this, but the cast is ridiculous, and it's clear you guys recommend. is this a watch-once, or a repeat-favourite?
It is eminently rewatchable.:thumbs:
They could have had a tag saying "From the Director of BLACK CHRISTMAS, PORKY'S, A CHRISTMAS STORY and BABY GENIUSES"
:rofl:
Bob Clark had a wildly diverse Career.:LOL:

Lots of great posts here, thanks my friends. :)

I do have "A Study In Terror" and as it came out in back in 1965, I think it was the first kick at having Holmes and Nasty Jack face off with each other.
Excellent flik!
I of course, also have "Time After Time" which also sports an absolutley stellar cast and it released in 1979, just a year after "Murder By Decree" ('78).
I'm a huge fan of Nasty Jack fliks, including "From Hell" and I'm sure there's a few more in my library the titles of which escape me at the moment.
Oh, the animated Bats vehicle "Murder By Gaslight" pits the great Caped Crusader against Jack as well and is excellently done. Highly recommended! (I picked up the Steel).
I'd be hard pressed to say which film of the lot is my "fave", as they are all great in their own particular way.
So, just well, get them all! You can do FAR worse for entertainment!
Cheers folks. :happy:
My copy of A Study in Terror is from Germany and Time after Time from Warner Archive