Upcoming My Lady Jane [Prime Video]

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Prime Video announced new cast members joining the first season of My Lady Jane. The new cast of the fantastical and comedic drama are Dominic Cooper (Preacher) as Lord Seymour, Rob Brydon (The Trip) as Lord Dudley, Will Keen (His Dark Materials) as the Duke of Norfolk, Anna Chancellor (Pennyworth) as Lady Frances Grey, and Jim Broadbent (The Duke) as the Duke of Leicester. As previously announced, the cast is led by Emily Bader (Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin) in the titular role of Jane Grey, Edward Bluemel (Killing Eve) as Guildford Dudley, and Jordan Peters (Blue Story) as King Edward. The series is currently filming in London, and will be available on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.

Additional cast announced today include Kate O’Flynn (Landscapers), Isabella Brownson (Napoleon), Henry Ashton (Creation Stories), Abbie Hern (Enola Holmes 2), Joe Klocek (The Dry), Máiréad Tyers (Extraordinary), Brandon Grace (Fate: The Winx Saga), and Michael Workeye (This is Going to Hurt).

ABOUT THE SERIES

In 1553, Lady Jane Grey was crowned Queen of England. Nine days later, she lost the throne—and shortly thereafter, her head. But what if history were different? My Lady Jane is a satirical comedic fantasy series that reimagines the rise and reign of Lady Jane Grey (Emily Bader). When her ambitious mother sells Jane’s hand to the highest bidder, Jane is dismayed to discover that her dreaded husband-to-be, Guildford Dudley (Edward Bluemel), is an infuriatingly attractive stranger with a dark secret, one that has the potential to get them both killed. But there are greater conspiracies afoot, like a plot to murder her cousin, King Edward, and throw the entire kingdom into chaos. A sharp-tongued, warm-hearted story full of romance, adventure, and fantasy, My Lady Jane reveals that true love is real, people are not always what they seem, and even doomed heroines can save themselves. Long live the Queen.

Production for the series started in August in London. Creator Gemma Burgess (Brooklyn Girls trilogy) is co-showrunner/executive producer, Meredith Glynn (The Boys) is co-showrunner/executive producer, Jamie Babbit (Only Murders in the Building) is directing five of the eight episodes and is producing director/executive producer, and Sarah Bradshaw (Citadel) and Laurie MacDonald (The Ring, Zorro, Men In Black, Gladiator) are executive producers.