Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Release date: July 25, 2023
Purchase links: Kino Lorber - Amazon
Price: $26.57 (Kino) - $39.95 (Amazon)

NT4k.PNG

has announced today that they’re bringing 1993 Stephen King adaptation Needful Things to Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD, releasing on July 25, 2023.
Of particular note, the 191-MINUTE television cut of Needful Things is being included on a Blu-ray disc, which marks the first time it’s been released on home video here in the States.
IMDb explains, “On May 22, 1996, the TBS network aired a 191-minute extended edition. The extra footage includes more of the citizens of Castle Rock and their lives, namely the character of Cora Rusk, played by Lisa Blount, shown only in passing in the current version.”

DISC 1 (4KUHD):
  • Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master (Theatrical Cut) – From a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative
  • Audio Commentary by Director Fraser C. Heston, Moderated by Scorpion Releasing’s Walt Olsen
  • 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Audio
  • Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
  • Optional English Subtitles
DISC 2 (BLU-RAY)
  • Brand New HD Up-Res Master of the 191-Minute TV Cut
  • New Interview with Screenwriter W.D. Richter
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
  • Optional English Subtitles
Welcome to Castle Rock, Maine, a lovely place to live… if you don’t mind selling your soul!
Ed Harris (The Abyss) and Max Von Sydow (Three Days of the Condor) head an exceptional cast that includes Bonnie Bedelia (Die Hard I & II), J. T. Walsh (Breakdown) and Amanda Plummer (Pulp Fiction) – in this supernatural thriller that’s dark, haunting and a hell of a good scare. Sheriff Alan Pangborn (Harris) has a devil of a problem: Suddenly all the residents of his sleep little town are dying… to kill each other. But at least business is still booming, especially at a new antique store. The shop’s mysterious owner (Von Sydow) has something for everyone, and his prices are always reasonable: just one small favor… eternal damnation!
Stylishly directed by Fraser C. Heston (The Crucifer of Blood) with a screenplay by W.D. Richter (Brubaker) based on the book by Stephen King (The Shining)

Last edited by a moderator:
Needful Things is one of my favorite Stephen King books. I always enjoyed this film adaptation even though some of the plot was changed and the pacing felt off. But also features Ed Harris in it too.

I don't recall ever seeing the three hour cut so I really can't wait for this release. Wish there was a digital version as well but definitely buying this