Netflix signs up more new movies for streaming in 2011

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Netflix is continuing to position the Watch Instantly streaming service against existing cable networks when negotiating for content, as evidenced by its latest deal with Nu Image/Millennium Films. The two are behind flicks like The Expendables, 16 Blocks and Drive Angry 3D, but this deal will kick in starting with flicks releasing next year, and allow them to go on Watch Instantly in the same window they would usually have reached cable pay-TV channels. No word on whether or not they will include HD streaming, but more content is always welcome, there's more detailed information in the press release after the break.

Link

More good news! :scat:

I'm honestly shocked at myself for not switching sooner. Ditching that cable service was the best thing I could have done. I've found more stuff I'm interested in watching with no commercials, and hulu with comedy central on my laptop patched into my T.V. ... I've got everything I watched on my old cable service anyways and I'm saving $60 a month. If I include the movie channels to compensate for the movies I watch on netflix, I'd be saving easily $80-100 a month.

Dude my Viera TV just got the update for Netflix support on Saturday, I've been watching it none stop since! I do wish some of the old shows would make it into play instantly like Everybody Loves Raymond or 3rd Rock From the Sun and that would make me a happy camper!!

They need to add a search function on every other platform and not just the PS3.

I'm honestly shocked at myself for not switching sooner. Ditching that cable service was the best thing I could have done. I've found more stuff I'm interested in watching with no commercials, and hulu with comedy central on my laptop patched into my T.V. ... I've got everything I watched on my old cable service anyways and I'm saving $60 a month. If I include the movie channels to compensate for the movies I watch on netflix, I'd be saving easily $80-100 a month.

Off and I TOTALLY agree! We save so much $$ by canceling our satelite and just using netflix. :scat::scat::scat:

How do you guys watch sports?

I used channelsurfing.net .. I run a cable from my laptop to the TV and I have an audio cable I run from the headphone out jack to my receiver..

Picture is not HD, but you can watch and listen just fine. That's how I watched the Chiefs and Chargers game on Monday.

How do you guys watch sports?

Most of the time we just watch them over the air. Right before we dropped our satelite plan, I put an antenna in the attic, and I've got a signal amplifier I'm going to put up there this weekend. I should be able to watch the Chiefs game in HD on Sunday. :scat:

Anyone know when the PS3s will get the streaming ability for Netflix with out the disk? We saw that the new Slims are coming out with it already.

Most of the time we just watch them over the air. Right before we dropped our satelite plan, I put an antenna in the attic, and I've got a signal amplifier I'm going to put up there this weekend. I should be able to watch the Chiefs game in HD on Sunday. :scat:

Anyone know when the PS3s will get the streaming ability for Netflix with out the disk? We saw that the new Slims are coming out with it already.

The new slims have a software only netflix? Interesting.

The rest of us old bastards without the new slim should get it before the end of October this year. I believe the CEO said it would be before their next meeting in October.. so interpret that as you wish.

Oh damn, well there's just no way I can give up my Sat....I wish the US was more inclined to the real football (that's right I said it :p) so they could actually show something good. No EPL and Liga would drive me nuts, I'll just continue to be the sheep and pay :(

The Slims have a Netflix app? really? hmmm Is it a certain PS3s with certain UPC codes only?

Tough to do it when you're a sports fan. Or must have certain international channels.