Mediabook NIGHTWATCH - Nachtwache (1994) Mediabook Cover A out today! JB Entertainment / Nameless Media

Jun 8, 2020
I couldn´t find a thread for the thriller Nightwatch from 1994 by Ole Bornedal.

This great movie from Denmark was released in three different mediabooks today here in Germany.

I decided to get cover a which is the best looking one (especially the glossy broken glass on the front).

The mediabooks are presented by JB Entertainment / Nameless Media.

Three artworks were available 222 copies each, limited and numbered, Blu-ray + DVD.

Nightwatch Cover A IMG_7045.jpg

Unboxing video (in English)

I'm not familiar with this film.
When I saw the Post title, I thought it was Part 1 of the excellent Russian Nightwatch/Daywatch films but it seems this is a totally different beast.
I wish it was the Ruskie fliks as I haven't seen a prestige copy of those anywhere yet.
Thanks @shane54 regardless, I'll check this out. :)

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Freeze with Evan McGregor and Josh Brolin is the US-adaption of this one and was the first 1:1-remake with the same story and filming made by a european director for the US-market. This was made before from a US-director for the US-market with the Escape in N.Y. -one, but there have been minor changes in the LA-one and in Freeze other actors were chosen. I liked them both, but it is probably the best to watch the remake first and then watch the original for completion. It´s exact the same movie with higher budget for the US-one. Still don´t know why this edition was released "single" without the remake.

Last edited:
Freeze with Evan McGregor and Josh Brolin is the US-adaption of this one and was the first 1:1-remake with the same story and filming made by a european director for the US-market. This was made before from a US-director for the US-market with the Escape in N.Y. -one, but there have been minor changes in the LA-one and in Freeze other actors were chosen. I liked them both, but it is probably the best to watch the remake first and then watch the original for completion. It´s exact the same movie with higher budget for the US-one. Still don´t know why this edition was released "single" without the remake.
I was going to mention Nightwatch from 1997 with Ewan McGregor, but you're saying its title is some "Freeze"? No, it's just Nightwatch, I've seen it under that title in US theaters, and bought it on DVD with that title. I guess it was renamed in German markets.
Didn't know it was a remake though.

Nightwatch_ver1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: komor
I was going to mention Nightwatch from 1997 with Ewan McGregor, but you're saying its title is some "Freeze"? No, it's just Nightwatch, I've seen it under that title in US theaters, and bought it on DVD with that title. I guess it was renamed in German markets.
Didn't know it was a remake though.

View attachment 537625
Ok - then this was just used as the title here in Germany, the danish movie is the one with the Nightwatch-title
The original is from 1994 and is one of Kim Bodnias first movies and came out two years before Pusher was filmed, that also got a remake (lol) from UK-director Luis Prieto in 2012
1658544017241.png
1658543299823.png

• Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero