Ninja Week 2019 Wrap Up Statement

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
While I already wrote a more official statement in the Ninja Week 2019 stickied thread in that forum. I just wanted to take the time out to say and ask a couple things.

Did you enjoy Ninja Week?
Any thoughts on what could be done next year for possibly improving the experience? (We hope to plan more in advance next year to make the 10th even bigger!)

Thanks once again to our Gold Level Sponsors, all the Companies and Members that donated stuff. And all the time many of you took to participate.

And lastly, as amazing as Ninja Week is it also costs HDN quite the amount in expenses especially with shipping prizes given the magnitude. Obviously totally optional, but if you find it in your hearts to send $1-3 usd. to services @ hidefninja.com then it would really help support our efforts. I know not everyone "won" something, but hopefully you realize this event is more about giving then receiving and being apart of a true community. Thanks.

It was my first NW and I thought it was good fun (even with all the tags I received), I liked the spirit of the whole thing, lots of varied giveaways. I will say I was quite overwhelmed with the amount of threads there were, I don't think I even got a chance to look through half of them, lots of activity kept shifting them from page 2-3 or 4 to page 1 so it was hard-ish to follow but overall good fun. I'll be more prepared for next year knowing what it's all about now.

Thanks to the whole HDN team for setting it all up, getting those sponsors and making it possible.

I will say I was quite overwhelmed with the amount of threads there were, I don't think I even got a chance to look through half of them, lots of activity kept shifting them from page 2-3 or 4 to page 1 so it was hard-ish to follow but overall good fun. I'll be more prepared for next year knowing what it's all about now.
This. It wasn't my first Ninja Week, but still I got tangled up in the plethora of new threads, and even missed some of the most active ones. (Ironic, isn't it?) I don't have a suggestion how this could be avoided from a technical standpoint. Maybe the answer is to just spend more time on the forum during this special week? :naughty:

Anyway, I want to thank everyone who contributed during those past seven days, HDN staff and members alike. I was very lucky to win a fantastic prize, and my defined goal is to host a giveaway next time, too. I already got something in mind...

For the time being, I've sent a little donation towards HDN - thanks again for all the hard work on the forums @Wreck

The best way to stay on top of all the threads as it is overwhelming that I know.

is 1 ) we can do a better job with the hosts in managing the THREAD PREFIXES. (we did an ok job at this, but should have got the message out better as we didnt at all, just some did some didnt)
2) BECAUSE ... then the participants only need to come and click that THREAD PREFIX and it SORTS automatically only the threads with that prefix.

So perhaps next year we blow out the ALL WEEK prefix and its simply only the Monday offering, Tuesday , and so on. This way it should make it easier to know "ok I know i participated in all the monday give-aways, let me move on to Tuesday ones." etc.

in the past it caused confusion as people thought Monday meant giveaway for Monday Only etc. I guess we could simply make it say DAY 1 , and DAY 2 etc.

btw, this same unknown trick to many ... can be used in other forums.
for instance in the DIGIBOOKS,DIGIPACKS and MEDIABOOKS forum .... say you dont like Digibooks but you love DIGIPACKS...
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/digibooks-digipacks-mediabooks.80/
when visiting that forum click on any of the prefixes that say DigiPack (green label )

by doing so, you get this result
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/digibooks-digipacks-mediabooks.80/?prefix_id=151 now only digipacks show.

This. It wasn't my first Ninja Week, but still I got tangled up in the plethora of new threads, and even missed some of the most active ones. (Ironic, isn't it?) I don't have a suggestion how this could be avoided from a technical standpoint. Maybe the answer is to just spend more time on the forum during this special week? :naughty:

I sorted the threads by First Message date, that way I could just work my way from the older threads to the newer and not worry and threads jumping from page to page with activity.

Was a great week, loved all the pics members were posting:rofl: Also some super generous members on here and the giveaways were fantastic.:thumbs:

I take my hat off to everyone involved you guys done a super job:thumbs:

Also bagged me a couple of great prizes so over the Moon with them:notworthy::thumbs:

The best way to stay on top of all the threads as it is overwhelming that I know.

is 1 ) we can do a better job with the hosts in managing the THREAD PREFIXES. (we did an ok job at this, but should have got the message out better as we didnt at all, just some did some didnt)
2) BECAUSE ... then the participants only need to come and click that THREAD PREFIX and it SORTS automatically only the threads with that prefix.

So perhaps next year we blow out the ALL WEEK prefix and its simply only the Monday offering, Tuesday , and so on. This way it should make it easier to know "ok I know i participated in all the monday give-aways, let me move on to Tuesday ones." etc.

in the past it caused confusion as people thought Monday meant giveaway for Monday Only etc. I guess we could simply make it say DAY 1 , and DAY 2 etc.

btw, this same unknown trick to many ... can be used in other forums.
for instance in the DIGIBOOKS,DIGIPACKS and MEDIABOOKS forum .... say you dont like Digibooks but you love DIGIPACKS...
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/digibooks-digipacks-mediabooks.80/
when visiting that forum click on any of the prefixes that say DigiPack (green label )

by doing so, you get this result
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/digibooks-digipacks-mediabooks.80/?prefix_id=151 now only digipacks show.
To be fair I though you selected the prefix of end date...lol.

Each year you guys will learn something new and cam only improve.

However, I found it easy to keep up by subscribing to the forum and getting email notifications. That way I can pick and choose what I want to enter and not worry about missing anything.
Was hectic in the emails mind but aside from the one day I didn’t check my emails and missed a couple single day comps, I got in for all I wanted.

Granted not everyone wants to do this but am pretty confident I didn’t miss any this way.

Still, well done and congrats to all(this was the first week I properly took part, entering and giving).

@Wreck
Mexi-Franky-Ninja!.jpg

Dinero has been sent :thumbs: