Nope (2022) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 14, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 12, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: Matte finish

Nope.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: vinny
Finally watched this last night. Thought it was brilliant. Really interesting take on sci fi and imagery that will stick with me.

I’m certainly a fan of Jordan peeles movies but I think I liked this a bit more than get out. Shame the steel is so bad

The back art just makes no sense on why they chose it. You literally see that helmet for about 20 seconds.

Last edited:
Finally watched this last night. Thought it was brilliant. Really interesting take on sci fi and imagery that will stick with me.

I’m certainly a fan of Jordan peeles movies but I think I liked this a bit more than get out. Shame the steel is so bad

The back art just makes no sense on why they chose it. You literally see that helmet for about 20 seconds.
Watched it 2 weeks ago and although I also thought it was an interesting take on SciFi, clever social commentary and had plenty of ideas and creative choices, I just didn't see a coherent story in there. Even though I admired the film, I cannot imagine ever wanting to watch it again.
Well, buying a sealed steelbook is a different story though

Watched it 2 weeks ago and although I also thought it was an interesting take on SciFi, clever social commentary and had plenty of ideas and creative choices, I just didn't see a coherent story in there. Even though I admired the film, I cannot imagine ever wanting to watch it again.
Well, buying a sealed steelbook is a different story though
I could easily watch it again. And I will once I get it in 4K. But that’s me

Still can’t get over what Yeuns character was doing. Bonkers. Especially after what he witnessed as a kid. Maybe he did just think he was special and able to tame a ‘beast’

Reactions: milky

Middle of the movie was amazing but not a fan of the ending.

Reactions: samdavies
Middle of the movie was amazing but not a fan of the ending.
I thought it was fine. I loved their plan.

For me his weakest ending is Us. I didn’t like it was a government thing. Does not make sense. Should of gone more bizarre and out there with the reason. But I enjoyed this ending

Reactions: djjez83
Good : Nope.

Just(ification) : all the people are stupid, except African Americans. And Horses. That are not people. Alien(s) are stupid. Time after time. Jordan Peele has some issues.

Reactions: Vega
Seems like it got delayed very slightly but mine tried to take payment earlier. But as it is now listed as buy now instead of pre order I reordered because of urm, reasons.

Reactions: djjez83
Just arrived. Flat matte as I was expecting from the US release. But what I wasn't expecting was just how dull and lifeless it feels. Especially compared to like the Bullet Train which is honestly really nice for a matte finish. I feel like how the design on the front if Nope is it would have looked spectacular with a really clean matte and Spot gloss.

It just feels like whoever designed this didn't care.

Just arrived. Flat matte as I was expecting from the US release. But what I wasn't expecting was just how dull and lifeless it feels. Especially compared to like the Bullet Train which is honestly really nice for a matte finish. I feel like how the design on the front if Nope is it would have looked spectacular with a really clean matte and Spot gloss.

It just feels like whoever designed this didn't care.
It took you paying for it and then receiving it to realise how dull it was going to be? Just look at that art. It would of been dull in gloss. Come on

So just finished watching Nope. I'm still processing what I watched but it was certainly an experience. I was honestly like fascinated the whole way through. What an experience.