May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: October 25, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6326EACD-C252-457E-8247-4ABAD22C2F9A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the designer behind this gets a salary decrease! Don't give that crap about subtle art direction. This suxballs! :vomit:
Nope that's not how the design meeting for this steelbook went, they told the artist make whatever you want because people will still buy it and its to sellout anyway. So when the artist came back with this piece of "art" the executives were like....
What Is That GIF by Justin

And the artist replied with
Chris Farley Idk GIF

The suits rejoiced
Excited Dance GIF

And now we're all here like
lucious lyon wtf GIF

I haven’t seen the movie so it’s impossible for me to really judge but that looks incredibly dull.
I saw it, and I'm not sure what the front is supposed to be. I can think of one thing it might be alluding to, but I don't recall it looking like this. If this sells out, then this must be the peak steel collecting period. Alternatively it will sellout, because the print run is 3000 (which is probably like one copy per BB store).

Reactions: Shark
Well hopefully Universal does that signed steelbook campaign again, because I'd love to complete my Jordan Peele signature series!

Group buy posted

Just fyi will cancel this group buy by end of week if no purchases. Guessing folks either changed their mind or found an alternative.

EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES ON 4K UHD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:

• SHADOWS: THE MAKING OF NOPE* – Unpack the meaning of NOPE with Jordan Peele. Secrets are revealed with this 56-minute immersion exploring the film’s unanswered questions, taking you on an intimate journey inside every aspect of production and offering a detailed look at Peele’s revolutionary filmmaking process.
  • DELETED SCENES – Watch five unreleased scenes from NOPE
  • GAG REEL – A highlight reel of bloopers and outtakes featuring main cast
  • CALL HIM JEAN JACKET – The object of the Haywood siblings’ fascination is an entity known only as “Jean Jacket.” Filmmakers provide insights into the conception, design, and execution of this mysterious organism.
  • MYSTERY MAN OF MUYBRIDGE – A deep dive into THE HORSE IN MOTION by Eadweard Muybridge, its relationship to the Haywoods, and how it relates to the larger themes in NOPE.

Reactions: apsmith21
Release date is October 25th.

It appears that both the Blu-ray and 4K presentations will feature a variable aspect ratio that shifts between 2.20 and 1.78 to preserve the theatrical IMAX experience.

It also appears that the high dynamic range will be HDR10 only on UHD.

• Informative
Reactions: apsmith21
And the three 4k references makes sure you know those extra pixels are in da haus :beaver:

I presume there's a good chance Manta will follow on US, with something?

Same. I hope it gets a premium. Or just a better release. I just can’t with that steel and it’s one of my favourite films of the year. F**king loved it
I have seen a few unboxing vids abd pics of this. I can't believe it had no finish on a design like that. Looks like it was crying out for some spot gloss or like metalic finish.

Reactions: Masta Norris