Official National Football League (NFL) Thread

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
I couldn't see a thread for simply talking about NFL so thought I'd create one, surely there is some fellow fans in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
See it to late mate @Flash
Didn't watch it and didn't have a favorite.
It comes in the middle of the Night here in Germany. For SB i have Holiday (didn't know if this is the right word here if anyone know it better, please let me know) the day after. So i just can watch and enjoy it.

Reactions: Flash
@Flash Honestly for the Superbowl, I don't really have a pony in this race. I'm just hoping for a good close and fun game.
Last year I got to watch it in the USA with all the great commercials (it was awesome). Will be watching from home this year and we get barely any of the good ads... it sucks.

Oh well most pop up online shortly after anyways.
Any MOVIE TRAILER predictions? What do you think we'll see? (or hope will premiere.)

What did everyone think of the draft? @Alistair G @jcm @kaw

The first couple of days were pretty exciting with all the trades. I wish the Texans would have been able to draft Mahomes as I'm pretty pessimistic about Watson. It's never a good sign when all people say good about him is intangibles and all he does is win. He has a weak arm and isn't very accurate.

Reactions: Flash
There will be a severe crackdown on endzone celebration by the officials.
IMG_2518.gif

BROWNS v TEXANS 1:00 P.M.
Baker Mayfield is our future! Are you gonna watch the game @Wreck ?
He went to same highschool as my wife, and went to highschool with my wife's sister. (baker)

I'll watch some, but im flying back today so most of it ill be heading to airport etc.

Texans win!

He went to same highschool as my wife, and went to highschool with my wife's sister. (baker)

I'll watch some, but im flying back today so most of it ill be heading to airport etc.

Texans win!
Texas will probably win - better team.
But we here in Cleveland are pretty excited about the future with Baker.:thumbs:
Have safe travel!!

Can't believe the Pats won it again. Needless to say I'm a happy dude. Watched that game with bated breath, just dying with every failed drive. I was jumping for joy when Gronk caught that pass at the 2, setting up Michel's TD. For the first time ever we had it in the bag with time to spare. Almost surreal.

As far as AB is concerned, he has shown himself to be insulting, arrogant and hurtful. His post about Smith-schuster crying on the sidelines after his fumble was the lowest of blows. J.J. knew his mistake cost the team, and was clearly in remorse as the Steelers were losing.
As this unfolded, AB's slapping fives because he personally had a good game. Not consoling the guy who has done nothing but show him respect time after time, like a true future Hall of Famer would, but selfishly celebrating himself as his team struggled. This does't even scrape the surface of him walking out on his team during a game. I'll be honest....I've always hated the Steelers. I grew up a Cowboys fan and hates the black and gold with a fury. But with all this nonsense being thrust on them by AB, I hope they meet in the playoffs and Pittsburgh smokes them like a fine cigar. I'd like to see J.J. got for 200 yrds and 4 scores, with AB coming in at 47 yards with zero scores and a costly interception by Pittsburgh because he ran the wrong route. And then to have the announces comment on how he didn't chase down the guy who intercepted the ball. It would be fitting for the guy he's showing himself to be.

NFL Draft is right around the corner and I'm pumped for it. It's also my 30 year anniversary so that's a BONUS.

@jaws finatic Agree at AB ... he made himself look like a clown! Oh well he's a raider now. They'll suck into his retirement.

@C.C. 95 will have his finest year in many as a Browns fan and hard not to root for Baker dude has spunk. Went to the same highschool as my wife and actually there while my sister in laws were there. THey of course won state and all that stuff lol.

Sooooo glad my Texans drafted an offensive linemen in fact 2 of the 3 first 3 picks we had were. Watson needs protection if he's going to be able to show if he cant truly do it or not. High hopes this year but our roughest schedule in likely 10 years. May have blew our window when the Titans and Jags both sucked for so long in our division and now are at least on par with us at times.

hate the cowboys, used to hate the Pats but when Brady came back on the Falcons I had to chalk the hate at the door and pay my respects to the GOAT.

@jaws finatic Agree at AB ... he made himself look like a clown! Oh well he's a raider now. They'll suck into his retirement.

@C.C. 95 will have his finest year in many as a Browns fan and hard not to root for Baker dude has spunk. Went to the same highschool as my wife and actually there while my sister in laws were there. THey of course won state and all that stuff lol.

Sooooo glad my Texans drafted an offensive linemen in fact 2 of the 3 first 3 picks we had were. Watson needs protection if he's going to be able to show if he cant truly do it or not. High hopes this year but our roughest schedule in likely 10 years. May have blew our window when the Titans and Jags both sucked for so long in our division and now are at least on par with us at times.

hate the cowboys, used to hate the Pats but when Brady came back on the Falcons I had to chalk the hate at the door and pay my respects to the GOAT.
It is going to be a hell of a year, @Wreck !:thumbs: (And I do get perverse satisfaction from telling my friends that are die-hard Cowboys fans, that the Browns are now "America's Team":rofl:)

E4851D6F-76C0-4696-AFB4-0A55E55F6073.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: jaws finatic
I'm stoked for Browns fans. The Brownies are coming on with a fury, IMO, and will blow some teams out this upcoming season. They're loaded and I love Baker Mayfield and all his moxie. Dude wears his heart on his sleeve and competes hard. Love my Pats, but have to admit if the Browns overtake them it will be easier to take because it's the Browns.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm stoked for Browns fans. The Brownies are coming on with a fury, IMO, and will blow some teams out this upcoming season. They're loaded and I love Baker Mayfield and all his moxie. Dude wears his heart on his sleeve and competes hard. Love my Pats, but have to admit if the Browns overtake them it will be easier to take because it's the Browns.
Baker is the real deal - and what makes it so cool - is that he is good guy. Really nice person.
No matter what, though - Brady will always (probably) be the GOAT. (I am a UofM Wolverines fan - so I was a quasi- Pats fan because they had my boy from the Maize and Blue!!)