One Million Years B.C. (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 16th, 2017
Purchase link: One Million Years B.C. (live Sunday 16th October at 18:00 BST)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited 2,000
11350977-1274428306970911.JPG

11350977-7404428307131279.JPG

11350977-1134428307080657.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to love this when I was younger but not sure I could watch it nowadays unless I'm in a funny mood

£15.99 for these old films is too much. Ben hur and others are the same

Destin for bargain buckets

God, I loved this movie when I was a kid. A local TV station used to play it two or three Saturday afternoons a year, and I'd watch it every time it came on (this was the mid-to-late 70s, before most people had home video recorders--damn, I feel so old :LOL:). A few years ago I watched it for the first time in decades, and although the movie's pretty bad, it really made me feel like a kid again. I'll definitely be buying this steelbook for nostalgic purposes.

• Thanks
Reactions: jaws finatic
This is a film I will be double dipping on
I have the Slipcover Amaray release already on pre order and will pre order the steelbook as well

Blu-ray
50th anniversary release
  • NEW 4K Restoration
  • NEW video interview with Raquel Welch
  • NEW video interview with Martine Beswick

Reactions: C.C. 95
Hmm never heard of this movie before. Seems like a spiritual ancestor of the movie 10,000 B.C. I am guessing that Raquel Welch is the main selling point of the steelbook!

Hmm never heard of this movie before. Seems like a spiritual ancestor of the movie 10,000 B.C. I am guessing that Raquel Welch is the main selling point of the steelbook!

There are two selling points for this movie: Raquel Welch and the stop-motion creature animation by the legendary Ray Harryhausen. CGI will never wield the kind of organic magic that Harryhausen's animation had.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Zavvi posted on Facebook just over an hour ago, saying The Lion King is going live on Saturday & 10,000 B.C. going live on Sunday, alongside this artwork -

14606445_10153743582745146_5968831534098538120_n.jpg

Someone on their social media is not paying enough attention! :wacky:

You have some great taste zavvi :cool:

Agreed :thumbs:

Mock up art looks great overall with good artwork choices similar to my thread :cigar::D

Just hope it gets some nice gloss treatment (as always). :hungry:
o_Oo_Oo_O
:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:Sorry to ask that, but as long as i know StudioCanal does not have steelbook with gloss finish on it, i'm i right or wrong?:dunno:

Not really a classic warranting the steelbook treatment
One Million Years B.C. is considered a classic from the Hammer Films range of films and has been a highly wanted Blu-ray release
The Blu-ray is first time ever Blu-ray release
It's a 50th anniversary release
StudioCanal are releasing an Amaray Blu-ray Slipcase release and Steelbook Blu-ray release

50th anniversary release

Special Features:
  • NEW 4K Restoration
  • Stills gallery

Last edited:
One Million Years B.C. is considered a classic from the Hammer Films range of films and has been a highly wanted Blu-ray release
The Blu-ray is first time ever Blu-ray release
It's a 50th anniversary release
StudioCanal are releasing an Amaray Blu-ray Slipcase release and Steelbook Blu-ray release

50th anniversary release

Special Features:
  • NEW 4K Restoration
  • Stills gallery

Still doesn't warrant a steelbook...

Still doesn't warrant a steelbook...
It will sell out
The amaray release has lot of pre orders already and the steelbook will sell well
It's a first time Blu-ray release and is remastered in 4K
Been a first time Blu-ray release makes a big difference to a back catalogue re release

All Hammer Films warrant a steelbook release there is a big following of Hammer Films and the more Steelbook releases that happen will be highly welcomed

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
It will sell out
The amaray release has lot of pre orders already and the steelbook will sell well
It's a first time Blu-ray release and is remastered in 4K

That's not my point, zavvi are in bed with canal+ & the amount of poor titles and sub standard steels is only likely to increase..
Besides how many people on these forums beside you & me have actually seen this film? I don't hear "it will be mine-omg that steel is awesome on this page, & bear in mind the lion king is out the same weekend

What happened to dead man's shoes?
Why the piss poor run on It?
Why are the tv Steels so far & few between?

At least two thirds of the zavvi catalogue I could do without & have done...

Yes, our Raquel in that famous fur bikini which adorned young people's bedrooms back in the day when she was the numero uno sex goddess and you either had her poster on the wall or a poster of Brigitte Bardot (or even possibly a poster of Ursula Andress, or Ursula Undress as she was known) but never both - a division similar to the one that separated Blue Peter and Magpie.
The famous poster for those too young to remember:-
6d1088534db653feb8ed8bfc2557db06.jpg

. . . but those too young then will definitely remember the poster (#3 after Rita Hayworth and Marilyn Monroe) from "The Shawshank Redemption" on the wall in Andy Dufresne's cell - the bit when the warden throws a pebble at it resulting in one of the absolute best movie moments of all time:-

"Shawshank Redemption" v (Andy's escape) / "One Million Years BC" iconic film poster ^:-

Anyway, not the best artwork for the steelbook front (IMO) and personally prefer the Amaray art with all the Harryhausen creatures (the third reason to watch the film ;)).
Amaray/slipcover art:-
151967_medium.jpg

Don't wish to be rude about the film and it's maybe best described as "cult".

Last edited: