Now Streaming One Piece (Live-Action) (Season 1) [Netflix]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
One Piece is an upcoming fantasy adventure streaming television series on Netflix, serving as a live action adaptation of the ongoing 1997 Japanese manga series of the same name by Eiichiro Oda.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
After the abomination that was Deathnote and Full Metal Alchemist, I don't hold out much hope. Honestly I just don't think Anime tends to translate well to live action. Maybe it is the way anime characters are drawn and they just end up looking wrong in live action because of it?

Reactions: Billy Talent
After the abomination that was Deathnote and Full Metal Alchemist, I don't hold out much hope. Honestly I just don't think Anime tends to translate well to live action. Maybe it is the way anime characters are drawn and they just end up looking wrong in live action because of it?
Don't forget Cowboy Bebop.

The first review I saw of it, was Chris Stuckman and he being a fan of the anime loved it. I haven't seen the anime but did enjoy it also. I think it got raked across the coals a little unfairly.
That was already from the time he started to mostly scrap any negative reviews though. As a long time viewer of him it is heavily noticable how calculated he reviews content now. A vast majority of his reviews are positive, seeming more like a tool for him to make a good impression on players in the industry than sharing his honest opinion. The aspiring filmmaker/producer in him has kind of taken over the old fan/reviewer part of his channel, which is a little unfortunate since I always liked his honesty and candor and it's just not fun watching someone trying to make a good impression. And speaking of the Cowboy Bebop show, literally every fan of the original I know hates the hell out of the netflix show.

one_piece_ver3.jpeg

Reactions: tha_lunatic