Netclone

Premium Supporter
Sep 3, 2013
Canada
Release date: December 2016
Purchase link: OPPO
Price: $549

UDP-203.png

When you watch the video Jason does say end of this year as possible release..Exciting news as I'm a Oppo owner.:thumbs:

source: Audioholics

Last edited by a moderator:
I never owned an Oppo player before and right now I have the Samsung UHD player and the XBox One S. So, I'm not in a huge rush to get this but I would still like to get the 203. Do Oppo's ever go on sale like on Black Friday for example? I'm trying to decide on buying this or a new center channel speaker.

I never owned an Oppo player before and right now I have the Samsung UHD player and the XBox One S. So, I'm not in a huge rush to get this but I would still like to get the 203. Do Oppo's ever go on sale like on Black Friday for example? I'm trying to decide on buying this or a new center channel speaker.
they do not go on sale from oppo. i think you might be able to see some deals via 3rd party sales but that is not common at all either to my knowledge

• Thanks
Reactions: darczap
they do not go on sale from oppo. i think you might be able to see some deals via 3rd party sales but that is not common at all either to my knowledge

Thanks. I'm going to hold off for now, see what else gets released or wait maybe for a price drop on the Panasonic.

Another positive review, via Techradar

Final verdict
If you’ve been holding out for a UHD Blu-ray player that features cutting-edge technology, is future-proof with Dolby Vision support, and can play pretty much any disc or file that you throw at it, then the Oppo UDP-203 is worthy of your attention.

4K visuals and lossless audio tracks are reproduced fantastically, and the solid build quality and attention to detail helps the Oppo UDP-203 feel like a truly high-end piece of kit – which it is, thanks to that high price tag.

If you’re not that interested in SACDs or some of the more esoteric features of the Oppo UDP-203, then you’re probably better off looking at a cheaper UHD Blu-ray player.

But for those who want the ultimate home theatre setup, with money no object, the Oppo UDP-203 is easily one of the best Blu-ray players money can buy.

Just placed my order for this. Can't wait to get it. First time Oppo owner.
Congratulations on getting your first OPPO. There's no going back :)

Samsung UBD-K8500: 4.19 lbs
Panasonic DMP-UB900: 5.29 lbs
OPPO UDP-203: 9.5 lbs

The components and build quality really are on a different level compared to most of the usual consumer brands.

I'm a very satisfied OPPO BDP-93 owner and won't be upgrading to a 4K player anytime soon. But if that happens, it'll be an OPPO, no question about it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Congratulations on getting your first OPPO. There's no going back :)

Samsung UBD-K8500: 4.19 lbs
Panasonic DMP-UB900: 5.29 lbs
OPPO UDP-203: 9.5 lbs

The components and build quality really are on a different level compared to most of the usual consumer brands.

I'm a very satisfied OPPO BDP-93 owner and won't be upgrading to a 4K player anytime soon. But if that happens, it'll be an OPPO, no question about it.

I've been wanting to buy the OPPO 203 and I got a good price for it so I finally pulled the trigger. I've heard great things about OPPO so I can't wait to get the 203 in and give it a try. It actually shipped already so if I'm lucky, I will have it early next week!

Now I have to decide which tv gets the OPPO :D

If anyone is after a region free darbee edition (not 4k) PM me your offers. cash only, usa shipping address only.