Papillon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection) [Czech Republic]

Dear collectors,
let us politely inform you that we have selected the following movies for the FAC, together with our distribution partner MagicBox .
We plan WEA FAC steelbooks for these titles: The Shawshank Redemption Papillon, DIRTY DANCING, THE THING and BACKDRAFT.
The first title SHAWSHANK is timelined for 2Q 2016 in this year , the rest belong to the plan for the year 2017.
Thank you for your support and look forward to working with you .

Team FA

Really interested in how this one turns out. There's a lot of scope for some striking art here :thumbs:

One of the greatest films ever made. Love this. Can re-watch over and over.
Stupid critics trashed this film back in '73 but it appears to be more appreciated nowadays. Great film with great score.
Unfortunately, I see that poor Papillon won't get his release until 2017. Maybe he can catch a strong seventh wave and get to us sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: blu-steel
I've never watched this one, it's in my watch list already, the story kind of reminds me of Escape from ALcatraz which came out later in the 1970's and was on UK TV a lot more. Could end up on my list to buy from what I heard of it, some time to go for this one, another 2017 release.

Stupid critics trashed this film back in '73 but it appears to be more appreciated nowadays. Great film with great score.
Unfortunately, I see that poor Papillon won't get his release until 2017. Maybe he can catch a strong seventh wave and get to us sooner.

The acting in this is INCREDIBLE. Its a very emotional film. When I get choked up I know i've seen a great film.

Reactions: nafosb
This is in my top 3 films of all time (along with TheBig Lebowski and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest). As said this is excellently portrayed (it is Dustin Hoffman and Steve McQueen after all!), the acting is first class. Gonna be glued to this thread for the next 12 months at least! Thanks FA for making this happen!

I never did like Warner's choice of art for their Blu-ray Digibook so this is an instant purchase regardless of the final art. FilmArena won't disappoint - that's guaranteed!

Not seen or heard of this title but after reading reviews here I will need to give this a watch over the weekend.

Not seen or heard of this title but after reading reviews here I will need to give this a watch over the weekend.

Such a great film. Definitely see it. I think I will watch it again over the weekend also. Papillon is my favorite Steve McQueen movie with The Cincinnati Kid, love both of these a lot. I'm so happy it will be part of FAC one day.

Reactions: harry
Advice taken my friend will catch up with this on weekend for sure sounds really interesting.

Being an image of a jail cell with a padlock, and this being a steelbook - this could be one of the great steelbooks of all time if they do it right....(OH Please do it right!!)
And they could work the butterfly motif on the inside art somehow....
The wait is gonna be hard! (Especially seeing as Shawshank Redemption was supposed to have been done in Q2 of this year....)

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and harry