Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Paradise Highway (2022)

Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

Director: Anna Gutto

Cast: Juliette Binoche, Frank Grillo, Morgan Freeman, Hala Finley, Cameron Monaghan, Veronica Ferres, Christiane Seidel, Jackie Dallas, Tommie Earl Jenkins, Trayce Malachi, Calvin Williams, Raymond McAnally, Jayden Hamilton, Walker Babington, Tracy Pfau, Diva Tyler, Jwaundace Candece, Xavier Scott Evans

Release: 2022-07-29

Runtime: 115

Plot: A truck driver has been forced to smuggle illicit cargo to save her brother from a deadly prison gang. With FBI operatives hot on her trail, Sally's conscience is challenged when the final package turns out to be a teenage girl.

Nice little movie, although I shouldn't call it little, it's professionally made, with quality production value, better than 9 out of 10 DTV movies with Nic Cage and Mel Gibson of late, all filmed on location, not inside one set and a green room, like Marvel cartoons, which is refreshing. It's an old fashioned real movie.

ea4745aa-40b5-417d-9d6e-9dfae7e34999_text.gif

But being written and directed by a woman, it's all about 'girl power' and 'strong independent women', so that's popular 'trigger warnings' for you. I liked it.
Just sad to see Juliette Binoche old, and Morgan Freeman even older, but he was old when I started watching movies 30 years ago, I'm now getting old, so all is good with him, everyone should hope to live as well and as long as he.
Have to point out excellent young Hala Finley, being 13 years old, she's as good as everyone here. Especially with a shotgun pointed at two opponents, while pushing drunk Binoche into a truck.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database