Parasite (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: February 28, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €34.99 (FNAC) - €32.68 (Amazon)

91klbcgmFaL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in the USA pick this up? I’ve had awful luck getting steelbooks in good condition from France on my last few orders

Anyone in the USA pick this up? I’ve had awful luck getting steelbooks in good condition from France on my last few orders
I’ve ordered from Fnac with no problem, decent boxes with no damages to steels. However I’ve never ordered from amazon FR before so no clue how their packaging is

Reactions: apsmith21
Amazon France ships steelbooks in a cardboard envelope with no protection of any kind. Had most of my orders arrive with some kind of damage. Had to resort to having the steelbook gift wrapped to add some protection to those useless envelopes. They place the steelbook in a cloth bag and so far it has worked for me. I’ve received about 15 steelbooks from Amazon with only one having some dings. The gift bags add about $4.00 to the cost...really pisses me off...having to spend extra to insure an undamaged steelbook but Amazon won’t listen to all the complaints about this issue. I’ve sent many blistering emails about their shipping practices but nothing changes. The best thing to do is just not support Amazon but for me from time to time they have a steelbook that I really want or that no one else is releasing.

Amazon France ships steelbooks in a cardboard envelope with no protection of any kind. Had most of my orders arrive with some kind of damage. Had to resort to having the steelbook gift wrapped to add some protection to those useless envelopes. They place the steelbook in a cloth bag and so far it has worked for me. I’ve received about 15 steelbooks from Amazon with only one having some dings. The gift bags add about $4.00 to the cost...really pisses me off...having to spend extra to insure an undamaged steelbook but Amazon won’t listen to all the complaints about this issue. I’ve sent many blistering emails about their shipping practices but nothing changes. The best thing to do is just not support Amazon but for me from time to time they have a steelbook that I really want or that no one else is releasing.

I've had a number of bad experiences in the last 6 months with them, just some really horrible service in general. Had to take a loss on a couple of steelbooks that were just mangled way beyond anything in normal shipping.

Guess I've waited too long, however as they are both showing sold out. Ugh.

Reactions: Premises
There are considerable savings when it comes to ordering a few copies for shipping, but figured it might be best for everyone to source their own copy (in the USA) on this one.

The jokers website in france just announced on a tweet that another 1000 of their parasite box sets will go on sale from 5pm (French time?)
A second edition to be delivered mid March

They want to beat the scalpers who are already putting it on ebay for 157€, makes sense I guess...that being said, 1499 other people and me bought it before we knew that it would win best picture and that it was an amazing film that deserves all the premium editions in the world....ah well....

They want to beat the scalpers who are already putting it on ebay for 157€, makes sense I guess...that being said, 1499 other people and me bought it before we knew that it would win best picture and that it was an amazing film that deserves all the premium editions in the world....ah well....
I'm one of those other people that purchased along with yourself :)
I can't believe how much the poster I ordered from them is going for as well..but means nothing to me personally, as mine is going on my wall :)
And the fabulous film deserves loads of premium releases, preferably one a month, not all at the same time :)

I'm one of those other people that purchased along with yourself :)
I can't believe how much the poster I ordered from them is going for as well..but means nothing to me personally, as mine is going on my wall :)
And the fabulous film deserves loads of premium releases, preferably one a month, not all at the same time :)

nobody re-press movies to "beat the scalpers" they re-press because they can sell more.
i don't think the boxset is going to be numbered, so if it was to beat the scalpers they would have made this an "unlimited" collector edition, as many other retailers do.

nobody re-press movies to "beat the scalpers" they re-press because they can sell more.
i don't think the boxset is going to be numbered, so if it was to beat the scalpers they would have made this an "unlimited" collector edition, as many other retailers do.

Sure...sure, you are right of course....totally....except that this is EXACTLY what they wrote to all buyers: :LOL: :LOL:

jlxscnmp.jpg

Sure...sure, you are right of course....totally....except that this is EXACTLY what they wrote to all buyers: :LOL: :LOL:

jlxscnmp.jpg

I know, saw the announcement too !
I find all their communications extremely funny. They have great sense of humor.
But i am really not biting this being a generous gesture towards collectors. :LOL:

Happy to purchase this one now! Sorry for people whose 1st print copy just devalued for 50%.
Reprinting of anything so quickly is a sh*ty move and generally is an unacceptable thing for any limited edition collector’s item or an art print. I think a way smarter thing for them to do would have been just to say that those are the leftovers. But they are honest, so good for them.
Whatever it’s just their reputation at stake.
I wonder if there will be any mention of the second print on the item itself, so 1st print copy could at least hold its value partially.

Reactions: Travis Bickle