Pics of Your Newest Building Set Acquired

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Show off your newest sets from whatever brand!

Attachments

• BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2,364
@Noodles glad you jumped on board, I too had the Rey's speeder but I like the rebel ships too much X-Wing is what it is all about!
I'm actually dying to get my hands on an X-Wing, but I can't decide which to go for... it's looking like Poe's may be the best choice for me, since it's the cheapest. What do you think dude? I also really want to get a TIE Fighter at some point too. :D

Also I will again be covering Lego at Toy Fair next month so expect to see some cool new sets
I look forward to it! :thumbs:

@Noodles well I only have like one of the first X-Wings and a Poe Dameron X-Wing. The Poe one is one of my favorite sets I have ever built though I would like an older class x-wing that is as detailed as the Poe one.

There were multiple iterations of the X-Wing, at least 4 or more I can think of.

I have not gotten around to building my U-WIng but I need to do that.

Another favorite Star Wars lego set would be this knights of the old republic set, can't seem to find it given the recent crash

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles well I only have like one of the first X-Wings and a Poe Dameron X-Wing. The Poe one is one of my favorite sets I have ever built though I would like an older class x-wing that is as detailed as the Poe one.

There were multiple iterations of the X-Wing, at least 4 or more I can think of.

I have not gotten around to building my U-WIng but I need to do that.

Another favorite Star Wars lego set would be this knights of the old republic set, can't seem to find it given the recent crash
I was hoping to get one of the older X-Wings for nostalgic reasons, but Poe's does look better to be fair. Wish I'd got it when is was down to £40 on Amazon last year... now it's going for around £60 everywhere. :facepalm:

Let me know what you think of the U-Wing once you have it built mate... I've had my eye on that one also (along with a million others :p).

Don't think I've ever seen/heard of the Old Republic set before and Google returns a few different results... is it an old set?

Well, I just ended up using Amazon's £10 off offer on Poe's X-Wing, so that's another one off the list! :)

image.jpeg

Ive been after this for a while, but other sets keep appearing that I buy instead, but as it's retiring soon it's getting tricky to find so I grabbed one quick when I spotted it on amazon. I bought the K2-SO buildable figure over Christmas and was impressed with it, obviously it's not a screen accurate figure but the building style works really well for droid type figures, I'm not too keen on the human buildable characters it doesn't work as well for me. Id like to see a C3PO or IG88 at some point too, but for now this is my lazy Sunday afternoon project :)

• Thanks
The droid escape pod is a decent build for the money, I've seen the x-wing in the Lego shop, I was tempted but went with the yellow submarine, not seen the tank though. I'm trying to stick to original trilogy sets if I can in an attempt to limit myself as to what I buy but now and again sets like Reys speeder and general grevious pop up to lure me...

• Thanks
The droid escape pod is a decent build for the money, I've seen the x-wing in the Lego shop, I was tempted but went with the yellow submarine, not seen the tank though. I'm trying to stick to original trilogy sets if I can in an attempt to limit myself as to what I buy but now and again sets like Reys speeder and general grevious pop up to lure me...
Haha that also was my original plan... to limit myself to the original trilogy sets, or at least with the bigger ones anyway. I only really picked up the Escape Pod because Amazon are currently selling it for £13.29 to Prime members, and I wanted the minifigs from the set, which probably would've cost me more buying them separately anyway, so I couldn't resist it at that price! The same pretty much goes for the Hovertank too... I mostly wanted it for the minifigs (I'm hooked on Rogue One after finally checking out the film), but I do actually really like the set now that it's built. And as I mentioned in an earlier post... I used Amazon's £10 off voucher for the X-Wing, so saved on that too! To be honest, I actually prefer the grey and blue coloured Resistance X-Wing to Poe's black and orange version, but that set is/was pricier for some reason. The Yellow Submarine looks great by the way! You definitely made a good choice with that one. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Bobthesub
@martinouchou @Noodles
It's built now. Unfortunately I have to say I am a bit meh on the set. I like how the wings fold back but I'm not a fan of the undercarriage area as it makes it feel clunky. Also Rogue One is set days before A New Hope but there were no U-Wings to be seen in ANH...

Anyway here are a few photos for you guys

DSC04184.JPG

DSC04018.JPG

DSC04020.JPG

DSC04021.JPG

DSC04025.JPG

DSC04183.JPG

DSC04185.JPG

DSC04186.JPG

DSC04187.JPG

DSC04188.JPG

Thanks @mllNY ;) Yep I'm definitely not a big fan of this ship, and even less as a LEGO set.. It does feel cheap indeed but at least you've got a great selection of mini-figs with it !

@martinouchou @Noodles
It's built now. Unfortunately I have to say I am a bit meh on the set. I like how the wings fold back but I'm not a fan of the undercarriage area as it makes it feel clunky. Also Rogue One is set days before A New Hope but there were no U-Wings to be seen in ANH...

Anyway here are a few photos for you guys

View attachment 292300

Thanks for sharing!

I'm still considering whether to get this one or not... if I see it for a decent price, then I'll snap it up. To be honest, I mostly just want it for the minifigs though. :p

As for things (ships, characters, droids etc.) being in Rogue One that aren't in A New Hope... I have the exact same questions, which no one seems to have properly explained yet as far as I know.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm still considering whether to get this one or not... if I see it for a decent price, then I'll snap it up. To be honest, I mostly just want it for the minifigs though. :p

As for things (ships, characters, droids etc.) being in Rogue One that aren't in A New Hope... I have the exact same questions, which no one seems to have properly explained yet as far as I know.
Well for Shore Troopers the explanation is that we're never on a beach in a ANH, for Death Troopers.. well the end of the movie speaks for itself.. as for characters, who are you refering to ? I think every new characters dies unless I missed some. But yep for droids, ships, etc.. we can tell ourselves that maybe that's just because Star Wars is a big universe and that what we see in every SW movie is just a small part of it. So they still exist in ANH, just in some other place

Okay, so I got a few things since last week.. :rolleyes::drool:

The LEGO Batman Movie Magazine + mini-figure:

Magazine-The-LEGO-Batman-Movie-#1.jpg Magazine-The-LEGO-Batman-Movie-#2.jpg

LEGO Star Wars Microfighters 75161 - 75162 - 75163

LEGO-Microfighters-Series-4---Boîte.jpg LEGO-Microfighters-Series-4---Mini-figures.jpg LEGO-Microfighters-Series-4---Microfighters.jpg

and.. the complete collection of LEGO Batman mini-figures ! :p

Collection-LEGO-Batman-Mini-figs-#1.jpg Collection-LEGO-Batman-Mini-figs-#6.jpg

• Thanks