Pirates of The Caribbean 1-5 Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 10, 2023 - May 8, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £99.99 (Zavvi - Amazon) - £89.99 (HMV)
Notes: Was previously a Zavvi exclusive

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 17.30.45 Large.jpeg Pirates of the caribbean Box Set.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, I placed a order on Sunday for stuff in-stock and it's arriving today.
Yet this Box Set, hasn't budged
Yeah, Zavvi shipped out at least three orders these last 2 days, but not those Pirates.
I don't really care, I'm used to getting everything in 2 to 8 weeks over the past 15 years, just saying that it's not because of whatever holiday there is.

Reactions: TGO
Yeah, Zavvi shipped out at least three orders these last 2 days, but not those Pirates.
I don't really care, I'm used to getting everything in 2 to 8 weeks over the past 15 years, just saying that it's not because of whatever holiday there is.
Yeah, with me Zavvi has a history of if they don't ship it when it's released, I never get it.
Not sure if I should cancel and rebuy it with the offer code

Yeah, with me Zavvi has a history of if they don't ship it when it's released, I never get it.
Not sure if I should cancel and rebuy it with the offer code
Definitely rebuy with the code, £15 is like another steelbook later.

Reactions: TGO
Lol yeah, saw that on Facebook earlier too... folks jumping to conclusions just because this hasn't shipped yet :rolleyes:

Actually The Hut Group who owns Zavvi IS in real trouble, with a few very recent reports have indicated with Zavvi themselves noted as potentially loss making, i'll link a few news articles stating the issues; but here is an interesting quote from one of the articles.

"It comes two months after the latest profit warning by THG, which also launched a strategic review into loss-making parts of its OnDemand division, which includes websites such as Zavvi and Pop In A Box, as it seeks to focus further on beauty and nutrition." - take that as you will. also it has just been announced today (17th April 2023) that a US buyout company Apollo has put in a bid to buy the entire THG group.

My feeling is that if Zavvi is really loss making, coupled with the loss of Disney exclusives etc..it's a sign it's losing it's grip, and the next year will be interesting to watch....

That’s why I asked here as I hadn’t heard or seen anything.
Yeah I wouldn't pay any attention. It's just clueless people crying because POTC hasn't shipped. Daft conclusion to jump to just because a preorder has been delayed and has yet to ship. It's nothing new. THG are having difficulties, but zavvi aren't any more useless than usual at the moment really.

Yeah I wouldn't pay any attention. It's just clueless people crying because POTC hasn't shipped. Daft conclusion to jump to just because a preorder has been delayed and has yet to ship. It's nothing new. THG are having difficulties, but zavvi aren't any more useless than usual at the moment really.
I hadn’t heard of any issues but I can’t say I am surprised, they have always been a bit of a shambles regardless of who has owned them.
Personally I hadn’t noticed any difference in their service.

I hadn’t heard of any issues but I can’t say I am surprised, they have always been a bit of a shambles regardless of who has owned them.
Personally I hadn’t noticed any difference in their service.
Agree, that's why I'm not thinking anything of it myself. They've always been inconsistent, so that's all I expect of them.

Reactions: BDDB

My POTC hasn't shipped.

My Texas Chainsaw massacre hasn't shipped.

My superman box set hasn't shipped

My superman 2 stand alone hasn't shipped, this is supped to be a birthday gift for a friend also.

My POTC hasn't shipped.

My Texas Chainsaw massacre hasn't shipped.

My superman box set hasn't shipped

My superman 2 stand alone hasn't shipped, this is supped to be a birthday gift for a friend also.
What exactly is your point? POTC was delayed by disney. Idk about texas chainsaw. SM is due out today. Zavvi evidently hasn't had the stock in for whatever reason. It is what it is.

What exactly is your point? POTC was delayed by disney. Idk about texas chainsaw. SM is due out today. Zavvi evidently hasn't had the stock in for whatever reason. It is what it is.
Just pointing out its not clueless people just crying about POTC being delayed. There's clearly an underlying issue if every new release isn't being shipped because Zavvi "haven't received stock"

Just pointing out its not clueless people just crying about POTC being delayed. There's clearly an underlying issue if every new release isn't being shipped because Zavvi "haven't received stock"
It still is a little though.. you're talking about 3 releases that should've been out over the last week. It's still relatively isolated at this point, and could quite easily be down to a shipping or stock issue. So jumping to the conclusion zavvi are in trouble because they haven't shipped them is a reach.

POTC, the date was moved by disney. Unless we hear anything different you can't blame zavvi for that, and they evidently still don't have the stock.

SM is only technically due out today, and anyone who ordered WB store haven't had their's shipped either as far as I know.

I don't know anything about texas chainsaw tbf, so I can't comment on that one.

It still is a little though.. you're talking about 3 releases that should've been out over the last week. It's still relatively isolated at this point, and could quite easily be down to a shipping or stock issue. So jumping to the conclusion zavvi are in trouble because they haven't shipped them is a reach.

POTC, the date was moved by disney. Unless we hear anything different you can't blame zavvi for that, and they evidently still don't have the stock.

SM is only technically due out today, and anyone who ordered WB store haven't had their's shipped either as far as I know.

I don't know anything about texas chainsaw tbf, so I can't comment on that one.
Fair enough mate but I'll be honest if I was the owner of a distribution company and we wasn't distributing items I'd say we was in trouble ‍.