Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy) [USA]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Pirates 4 Collectible Case Pre-Sell on BestBuy.com

SKU: 3147046

M2191750.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DVD/3147046.p?id=2258027&skuId=3147046&st=3147046&lp=1&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
they usually put it out a month before the actual release date since it's a pre-order item.

I'm liking these new Disney case with the embossing on the title. :scat:

Also, if you don't like a movie, then you can just buy the case for $7.50 only for display purpose :scat:

I passed on this though...not a fan of this series.

So I take it these are starting to slowly show up in various Best Buys even they are not officially released, right?

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
its very nice but the other three are not embossed and this one is so its slightly off in those terms

Now that I have the Best Buy case in hand, I'd have to say that I like it better than my HMV SteelBook™. EEK!

The tiny print on the spine of the SteelBook™ looks more out-of-place to me than the different case of the Best Buy version. :ohno:

Reactions: Marina Blue
Now that I have the Best Buy case in hand, I'd have to say that I like it better than my HMV SteelBook™. EEK!

The tiny print on the spine of the SteelBook™ looks more out-of-place to me than the different case of the Best Buy version. :ohno:

As bad as I feel saying this, I can't agree with you more. I really wish the HMV one matched the previous Best Buy Pirate Steelbooks.

Edit: Here are some pics:

Front Cover compared to the HMV Steelbook

6214403631_c83f1f14cb_b.jpg

Back Cover Comparison

6214404391_ca111982ef_b.jpg

Full Cover Comparison

6214405815_b5b002ffcf_b.jpg

Full Inside Comparison

6214920582_ca5aba4b61_b.jpg

Spine Comparison

6214921976_a20a7dd92a_b.jpg

Spine Comparison between HMV Steelbook and Best Buy Steelbooks

6214669831_1a722cbd89_b.jpg

Spine Comparison between Best Buy Metal Case and Best Buy Steelbooks

6214642921_600fcfc80d_b.jpg

Spine Comparison between all of them

6215187228_d3f342d46c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos Assassin 9!

The Best Buy version looks cleaner than the HMV version, but I still prefer the steelbook. I'm not a huge fan of the design on the Viva cases, and I especially don't like the spines. Steelbooks are designed better imo.

Great photos Assassin 9!

The Best Buy version looks cleaner than the HMV version, but I still prefer the steelbook. I'm not a huge fan of the design on the Viva cases, and I especially don't like the spines. Steelbooks are designed better imo.

I agree with you that SB is designed better, I can always replace the spine with a custom made one that matches the previous 3 releases, but what I can't do is replace the art on the front cover or remove that hideous blue banner. So I went with the Viva case. The spine does detract, but I feel that the clean cover not to mention the embossing more than makes up for this shortcoming.

Great photos Assassin 9!

Thanks and I hope it helps with those still trying to decide which one to snag. :D