PS5 PlayStation 5 - Main Discussion Thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 12, 2020/November 19, 2020
Price: PS5 - $499.99/499.99 GBP (670 USD)/499.99 EUR (590 USD) | PS5D - $399.99/359.99 GBP (480 USD)/399.99 EUR (480 USD)

EaQsDMRX0AUksP_.jpg

5ee8cfc6191824168f10a07a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
@Savage Clown How are the PS5 3D Pulse Headphones? Friend of mine says he cannot use them for longer than 30 minutes as they very tight on his ears and they so uncomfortable. I want to know if to open mine when they arrive or return them and wait for better. At £90 I would expect some comfort... or it's maybe only the shape of his head ?! o_O

Reactions: Lone Crusader
@Savage Clown How are the PS5 3D Pulse Headphones? Friend of mine says he cannot use them for longer than 30 minutes as they very tight on his ears and they so uncomfortable. I want to know if to open mine when they arrive or return them and wait for better. At 90 GBP (120 USD) (120 USD) I would expect some comfort... or it's maybe only the shape of his head ?! o_O
Well their self adjusting for one thing which I don't like, I was hoping for a ratcheded type like most headphones are. The cushions are not plush, their some type of thin vinyl which I'm guessing over time will deteriorate or tear. They do press on your head a little snug so after a while they will start to bother you if your ears are sensitive to that sort of thing which mine are. Headphones can only have two speakers, one left and one on the right so as long as you have a set that has a 3.5mm plug and your happy with your in business. Get one of THESE and THESE both at Amazon UK and your own set of headphones and it'll work. Lapel mics pick up extremely well and there really inexpensive. They can clip right to your shirt or even the headphone cable with the included clip. I linked to that one because it has the 4-pin to 3-pin adapter that your headset will plug into and then into the splitter which you'll need. The splitter, one side is for the mic and the other side is for your headphones and that plugs into your controller. From reading this it may seem like a lot of wires but it's not, it's just two, your mic and your headset cable and that's it and if you clip the mic to your headset cable then it seems like it's only one. The Tempest audio is in the console, not the headset and that's where Sony oversold a lot of folks thinking to get the 3D Tempest audio you have to buy their headset. NOT! You won't have a volume control or a mic monitor switch like the Sony headset has but you can adjust the volume of the headset in the Playstation settings as well as the mic level too. It's easy to mute the mic as there's a mute button right on the controller. You couldn't ask for a better setup than having your own equipment imho.

Reactions: Thoth
Presently I'm using a 4TB HDD as external storage for all PS4 games instillations and I'm about to buy a 2TB SSD to take it's place but the PS5 doesn't support two external drives, it only supports the use of one. With that being said, There's no easy way to transfer your PS4 games from one external drive to another external drive. The PS5 does give you the option to move selected games from your external drive to internal storage and I think this is the only viable solution to this issue. I did try and connect the drive to my PC but it won't read it even though it's file table is Fat32. Since I started installing my PS4 games to that external storage PlayStation has not upgraded to formatting external drives to exFat which is more compatible but still my PC won't read it. I gather it's only like that so as to disconnect it and take it and use on a friends or whoever's either PS4/PS5 and play your games on that console.

The only other option to upgrade would be to move selected PS4 games from my external HDD to a new external SSD would be to first move the PS4 game over to internal storage, disconnect the external drive and reconnect the new SSD and then transfer the PS4 game from internal storage back onto the new SSD. Talk about a very pain in the butt way to be able to upgrade your external storage especially if your internal storage is nearing capacity because after the OS you only have 667GB of internal storage. The PS5 does have an expansion bay to use a M.2 NVMe drive but it has to be super fast and right now the only drive fast enough is the WD Black SN850 but PlayStation has disables that port inoperable until they can come up with a list of confirmed third party drives.

Just a heads up to those with a PS5 that want to upgrade your external drive, this is the process you will have to take unless PlayStation decides to send out a patch to accept two external drives at the same time.

Reactions: Thoth
Should have mine tomorrow excited but also nervous about receiving the same issues peeps are having on reddit got my spiderman ultimate edition in already.
According to people across the internet the bricking it's happening after playing Spider-Man MM and then the PS5 going into rest mode and upon trying to boot back up it doesn't do anything. Plus yesterday Sony provided a 848MB update that all it said was that it fixed stability issues which normally would have come out with a regular update but this strictly said it fixed stability issues which folks think it fixed those issues. Also make sure you are connected to the internet before you turn it on because the first thing it does is go through a system update.

Reactions: luke98
I hear that people are already running out of storage space just from the launch titles alone. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold war alone takes up almost 200GB of space and NBA 2K21 takes up almost 100GB and Mortal Kombat 11 takes up 140GB so you can see where I'm going with this. People are pissed off because Sony disables the BUS port for installing an expansion NVMe M.2 card and this poses a very serious issue. Yes you can connect an external SSD or HDD but you cannot store your PS5 only games on it, only PS4 games can be installed on it. So what this means is that for folks that have a lot of games have to uninstall a game or even 2-3 games just to put a new one on there, but that means if you want to go back and play your other game that you have to uninstall those games and RE download the other ones again. OK fine but that takes up a lot of time if they have a slow connection or what if they have something like a 2TB limit on downloading with their ISP? That can be reached in no time at all with these new games that are extremely large. If you ask me Sony really screwed the pooch when they only gave us 667GB of usable storage space and disabling the NVMe M.2 port not allowing for expansion right away. Come on Sony get your head out of the sand and fix this.

Just finished miles morales tonight game crashed on me once loaded back on completed the game alongside the spidey training but other than that it's been perfect for me love how quick everything loads can't wait to see the remaster almost forgot the ps plus collection as well!

The word across the internet is that if you have external storage and after playing Spider-Man MM and with it still paused in the background and placing the console in rest mode upon turning it back on you bricked your console. I did those steps by accident and it didn't brick it, it turned on just like it normally should so I repeated the steps and again it turned on normally so I gather that the last update addressed this issue.

Reactions: Stygian
So I tried the 3D Pulse headset from my friend and I had no problem with it. I'm not experiencing same discomfort as he was so I might keep it. Going to try also my old headset this next few days and see if there's any quality in difference.

As for storage am not too bothered to be honest. I fixate on games and once I start something I play until I complete it and then move on to something else. I rarely ever juggle games and mostly it's just some online indies like Fall Guys which I play with friends.

Quick update:

This is regarding PS5 Disc games. Apparently some games will be deleted from your system if you swap discs.
I can confirm this happened to me the other day. I've had Marvel Spider-Man PS4 install and then I removed disc and installed Demon's Souls from the PS5 disc. When it was done I went back to Marvel Spider-Man and Demon's Souls got deleted when swapping disc.
When I put back Demon's Souls I had to do a brand new install from scratch. Very annoying.

Some users say it has to do with the game update being downloaded before copying from disc.
So the only workaround would be to disconnect internet before installing game. then turn on internet and let it do the update once the game has finished copying from disc.
I will try that tonight and see if it works.

Quick update:

This is regarding PS5 Disc games. Apparently some games will be deleted from your system if you swap discs.
I can confirm this happened to me the other day. I've had Marvel Spider-Man PS4 install and then I removed disc and installed Demon's Souls from the PS5 disc. When it was done I went back to Marvel Spider-Man and Demon's Souls got deleted when swapping disc.
When I put back Demon's Souls I had to do a brand new install from scratch. Very annoying.

Some users say it has to do with the game update being downloaded before copying from disc.
So the only workaround would be to disconnect internet before installing game. then turn on internet and let it do the update once the game has finished copying from disc.
That happened to me too. I installed MM and then it vanished.

way to resolve this is to insert the disc (obviously) and instead if clicking copy, wait for the PS5 to automatically start copying it.

dont know why it does it when you manually click copy.

Quick update:

Thanks, nice to know going forward.

As for my Pulse 3D headset, I'm selling them because the 3D Tempest audio is in the console, not the headset and I can just as easily use my Beyerdynamics DT 1990 Pro's and their super super comfy.

PlayStation CEO Says “Absolutely Everything is Sold” for PS5
All-PS5-Sold-Out.jpg

In the case of the new PlayStation, it appears that demand is vastly outweighing supply. According to the company's CEO, absolutely every PS5 is already sold.

Following the PS5's worldwide launch, there are still thousands of gamers without the next-gen console. But it appears that there's going to be a lengthy wait for those without the powerful new device, as the supply has dried up.

In a new interview, PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan dashes the hopes of every fan who was hoping for another wave of PS5 consoles to drop. Of course, while stock levels are at an all-time low right now, PlayStation is focussing on production to ensure there are enough consoles to go around.

"Absolutely Everything is Sold" for PS5 - PlayStation CEO
The interview with Russian news outlet TASS is sure to have a lot of PlayStation fans very upset. After all, when asked about PS5 sales now coming up to a week after worldwide launch, Jim Ryan had this to say:
"Everything is sold. Absolutely everything is sold... I’ve spent much of the last year trying to be sure that we can generate enough demand for the product. And now in terms of my executive bandwidth I’m spending a lot more time on trying to increase supply to meet that demand."
It seems that perhaps the PlayStation CEO was a little too good at generating demand for the PS5, which is now impossible to find anywhere.

jim-ryan-PS5-CEO.jpg

Ryan also delves into why the PS5 supply is so low at launch, stating that he wouldn't recommend a big console launch during a global pandemic. According to the CEO, production was an issue after COVID-19 restricted workers from entering factories.

All manufacturing preparation had to be handled remotely via camera. As Ryan points out, this is no easy feat for a complex console like the PS5.

Reportedly, the team behind the console's manufacturing has "worked miracles."

Those still waiting for a PS5 to become available might disagree with that assessment.

But in fact, while no global pandemic may have led to a few more PS5s being ready to sell, the added volume reportedly wouldn't be too substantial. This claim appears to indicate that this volume of PS5 consoles was roughly what PlayStation was aiming for.

Jim Ryan also indicates that the PS4 will still be the largest PlayStation community until 2022. After all, with 114 million PS4s in homes worldwide, the PS5 has got some catching up to do.

ps5_digital_edition-1024x683.png

Of course, while Sony claims that everything is sold, some retailers still have PS5 stock to work with. Some retailers are selling the PS5 on Black Friday, which is fast approaching.

For many, this will be the last opportunity to obtain a next-gen console before the PS5 comes back in stock. The PS5 had one of the worst launches in modern history, however we're sure Sony doesn't think so.

PlayStation's only real concern right now is creating as much PS5 stock as possible. The company is likely financially set for 2021, based solely on the initial console hype.

However, it's with Sony's new IPs that the PS5 can really begin to take off. Getting another new IP on the market is essential for keeping PlayStation in the public eye.