Poltergeist - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 19, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 25, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99

Poltergeist.jpg

Last edited:
Note
As with recent listings showing up on Amazon UK

This might end been a retailer exclusive or be a trade wide release

As in might be a Zavvi Exclusive

I hope its amazon. The customs buying from zavvi is a pain
I don't have any issues with Zavvi in regards to Customs for orders shipped from Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey
IOSS works on all my orders I do with Zavvi for orders dispatched from Guernsey
Postal carrier in Rep of Ireland receives the IOSS electronic info and I checked to make sure they was getting this and customs in Ireland confirmed this
Also revenue in Ireland confirmed they getting the Vat payments from Zavvi for parcels shipped using IOSS

An Post postal service in Rep of Ireland just scan one of the barcodes that contains the customs electonic data

Also when Zavvi orders are dispatched from THG warehouse in warrington no issues with customs as Zavvi pay the vat to the courier and then Fedex do the customs clearence that vat payment they pass to revenue in Ireland
The local courier in Ireland for Zavvi orders that are dispatched using tracked shipping is Fastway
Other countries will have different local courier

Note only orders dispatched from THG warehouse in warrington use tracked shipping
IOSS is not used on those orders as the vat clearence is handled by the courier and Vat payment done direct with the courier by Zavvi

I don't have any issues with Zavvi in regards to Customs for orders shipped from Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey
IOSS works on all my orders I do with Zavvi
Postal carrier in Rep of Ireland receives the IOSS electronic info and I checked to make sure they was getting this and customs in Ireland confirmed this
They just scan one of the barcodes that contains the customs electonic data

Also when Zavvi orders are dispatched from THG warehouse in warrington no issies with customs as Zavvi pay the vat to the courier and Fedex/Fastway do the customs clearence that vat payment they pass to revenue in Ireland
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Im based in cyprus as the moment so its hit and miss but last few ive got all had customs. I tried the uk site, spain site and now ive tried the ireland site for rambo lol

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Im based in cyprus as the moment so its hit and miss but last few ive got all had customs. I tried the uk site, spain site and now ive tried the ireland site for rambo lol
It's only Zavvi USA website that's separate retailer operation from the other Zavvi websites
So ordering from Zavvi/UK/Germany/Ireland/Spain etc websites is the same
The other Zavvi websites it's just language/currency differences

IOSS is working for Zavvi orders in good few EU countries but some EU countries still have problems processing the electonic customs data
It's the local postal service in some EU countries that have the issues
Some EU counties postal service don't have the problems with Zavvi and IOSS electronic data

On a separate note
Arrow Films UK also now IOSS registered note that's a separate business operation to Zavvi retailer even though both retailers websites use Thg ingenuity software platform

I'll have to keep an eye on this. I always really liked tha last UK steelbook but the disc content was so basic for a film as famous and well loved as this. Particularly when put next to the Shout Factory versions of the 2 sequels. I always hoped that this would get the treatment it deserves.

Even though the 2015 film is not as good as 1982
I would have liked a UK steelbook had been done for Poltergeist 2015

Only USA had a steelbook for 2015 film and I did not like the artwork used for that steelbook

I have the previous German Steelbook for 1982 film same as UK steelbook release

40th anniversary release from warner will the blu-ray in this release be same previous disc or be remastered with new extras

Temporarily Out of stock on Amazon or it hasn't gone live yet...?
Has not gone live yet
It has not officially been announced yet by Warner

Amazon UK have been listing lot of releases not announced yet

Some of the amazon UK listings ended up been a exclusive with Zavvi
Some releases got removed and then later re-added when ready to go live

Until this release goes live to order it won't be known for sure if it's a trade wide release or a retailer exclusive

As soon as we have details
Pre order date and time details will be posted in the thread

I really wish the slip was the steel art. Pass for me.
Nice looking set but not that much of a fan. Would of bought the steel on its own had
It been the slip art

Great slip to cover that not so good steelbook, two sets of photos, and a booklet - definitely want this now!

The slipcover is the same as the rear of the steelbook though. And we don't know what the back of the slip is like (probably the front of the steelbook art!! :D ) I wish they'd show us everything.

Not sold on the extras either. Probably just go for Cinemuseum release.