Pop! Custom Designs and Concept Art

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
HDN_POP_CUSTOM.jpg

Pop! Custom Designs and Concept Art

- Have any Funko DIY Pop! Vinyl Figures? Post Photos of your creations here!
- Have any Concept Art for Pop! Vinyl Figures you would like to see made? Show off your work!

POPDIYMale.jpg POPDIYFemale.jpg
HDN_POP_THUMB.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't go any myself as I have zero artistic ability :/

But I've seen some pretty cool ones other people have done.

That HDN one looks amazing I would love one. I think all the people (including myself) who really got funko pop on the map on HDN should be awarded one :)

Reactions: kaw and mlmaier84
That HDN one looks amazing I would love one. I think all the people (including myself) who really got funko pop on the map on HDN should be awarded one :)

For sure! With our names custom engraved on them! haha Now if only an official one could be made... :cautious:

I've been researching a lot lately about how to do a few of my own.

I have yet to try and make a real one from a DYI Pop. Would be a fun project for sure. I'm guessing people use modelling clay to sculpt a design? What have you researched on it? Any good tips?
...Maybe i'll just stick to Photoshop for now. haha

For sure! With our names custom engraved on them! haha Now if only an official one could be made... :cautious:

I have yet to try and make a real one from a DYI Pop. Would be a fun project for sure. I'm guessing people use modelling clay to sculpt a design? What have you researched on it? Any good tips?
The research I've done was to see exactly what materials people (who make really nice ones) use...particularly the clay. I've gotten as far as watching a few YouTube videos. The most helpful (for me at least) was one done by YouTube user "coltsandcubsfan" who, as I believe you pointed me to @kaw, are also the "Funko Pop Hunters" on Facebook. Anyways, he has a lot of really good tips (especially for painting), as well as alternative solutions for a first time creator. He also explains things very well, for the most part. I'm probably going to try things his way with his materials first. The video that seemed to help me the most was a 2-part video in which he makes a custom William Wallace (with blue war paint) POP!. I've posted the links for both videos below...

Part 1:

Part 2:

This is quite a cool video talking about how to make custom pops. This guy has a lot of cool pop funko videos check it out :)

This would be FU**ING EPIC!!! :OMG: :woot: :drool:
hdn_pop_thumb-jpg.126626

Thanks for the thread @kaw I would definitely LOVE to see this happen! :notworthy: Another HDN exclusive!? Mine would be wearing a Sombrero while holding a TACO instead of a sword! :D
Taco_Dance_by_Mirz123.gif

Reactions: vurt and kaw
@Noodles He looks brilliant mate :thumbs: The Eyes look so much better outlined the way that you have:happy: Pukka Job:thumbs::notworthy: