Multi Post pics of your gaming haul/collection

I know man... the prices were/are ridiculous! I got very lucky and found a shop in the UK that was selling them for a decent price.

Thanks dude! There's a few items missing from the photo, but what you see is the majority of it. :)

My collection was identical to yours minus the Joel & Ellie. Did you ever order the clicker bust from the PlayStation Store?

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
My collection was identical to yours minus the Joel & Ellie. Did you ever order the clicker bust from the PlayStation Store?
Don't you have a signed version of the press kit too? I'm still trying to hunt one of those down, but folks kept out-bidding me at the last second on eBay, and now I haven't seen one on there for almost a year. :arghh:

As much as I liked and wanted the bust, I wasn't prepared to pay that kind of cash... and it also didn't help that shipping was expensive. I don't think it's ever been available in the UK, otherwise I probably would have snapped it up!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Don't you have a signed version of the press kit too? I'm still trying to hunt one of those down, but folks kept out-bidding me at the last second on eBay, and now I haven't seen one on there for almost a year. :arghh:

As much as I liked and wanted the bust, I wasn't prepared to pay that kind of cash... and it also didn't help that shipping was expensive. I don't think it's ever been available in the UK, otherwise I probably would have snapped it up!

Nope, I never did get a press kit. Like you said, they were going for SO much money and then they just disappeared. I did order one a little after release, but then I never received it and went into eBay hell against the seller. I had the Joel Edition signed by Troy Baker, but I unfortunately had to recently sell that and my Ellie Edition. I love those editions soooo much, but cash was needed for good ol' adult stuff. These days, my TLoU collection is pretty pitiful. (n)

• Thanks
Nope, I never did get a press kit. Like you said, they were going for SO much money and then they just disappeared. I did order one a little after release, but then I never received it and went into eBay hell against the seller. I had the Joel Edition signed by Troy Baker, but I unfortunately had to recently sell that and my Ellie Edition. I love those editions soooo much, but cash was needed for good ol' adult stuff. These days, my TLoU collection is pretty pitiful. (n)
Ah, I must have got it confused with your Joel edition then. I'm still super jealous of that one!

To be honest, I don't even have the room to display all that stuff in my photo (apart from the statue, which I made sure I had room for :p), so I may as well do as you did and sell it all... the money would be a lot more useful to be fair.

No amount of merch proves how much of a fan you are of something anyway bud... or at least I don't think so. It's the memories/enjoyment you get out of the game and the love/knowledge you have for it that counts IMO. I used to work with a guy that insisted he was the world's biggest Star Wars fan just because he owned loads of figures etc., yet I'd talk to him about the films and he had no clue what I was referring to half the time. :rolleyes:

So, yeah... just because your TLOU collection isn't as vast, doesn't mean you're any less of a fan. We both know just how much the game means to us. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Ah, I must have got it confused with your Joel edition then. I'm still super jealous of that one!

To be honest, I don't even have the room to display all that stuff in my photo (apart from the statue, which I made sure I had room for :p), so I may as well do as you did and sell it all... the money would be a lot more useful to be fair.

No amount of merch proves how much of a fan you are of something anyway bud... or at least I don't think so. It's the memories/enjoyment you get out of the game and the love/knowledge you have for it that counts IMO. I used to work with a guy that insisted he was the world's biggest Star Wars fan just because he owned loads of figures etc., yet I'd talk to him about the films and he had no clue what I was referring to half the time. :rolleyes:

So, yeah... just because your TLOU collection isn't as vast, doesn't mean you're any less of a fan. We both know just how much the game means to us. :thumbs:

Very well said, bud. The amount of items you have for one film/game doesn't really prove anything besides make you happy yourself. I don't EVER have my wife or friends go, "Wow, Ken -- that's an impressive Pacific Rim collection." No, instead I get, "Why do you have 10 copies of one movie? You're an idiot." :hilarious:

And really, TLoU is the only game I've ever gone nuts for. I had a few different copies of Metal Gear Solid 1, but my TLoU collection was out of hand. Kinda happy it's thinned down. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Very well said, bud. The amount of items you have for one film/game doesn't really prove anything besides make you happy yourself. I don't EVER have my wife or friends go, "Wow, Ken -- that's an impressive Pacific Rim collection." No, instead I get, "Why do you have 10 copies of one movie? You're an idiot." :hilarious:

And really, TLoU is the only game I've ever gone nuts for. I had a few different copies of Metal Gear Solid 1, but my TLoU collection was out of hand. Kinda happy it's thinned down. :thumbs:
:hilarious:

Haha I think most of us can probably relate to that one pal. I'd love to see the day when a family member does actually compliment our collections... when pigs fly maybe? :p

Same here mate... unlike with movies, I'd never felt the need to buy multiple copies of a game until TLOU came along. I think it's good that we realise when we've gone overboard though and are able to cut down, because things suddenly start to get very cluttered and look messy otherwise. My Drive shelf actually looks a lot better/tidier now I've sold a few items... less is more, as they say. ;)

• Thanks
:hilarious:

Haha I think most of us can probably relate to that one pal. I'd love to see the day when a family member does actually compliment our collections... when pigs fly maybe? :p

Same here mate... unlike with movies, I'd never felt the need to buy multiple copies of a game until TLOU came along. I think it's good that we realise when we've gone overboard though and are able to cut down, because things suddenly start to get very cluttered and look messy otherwise. My Drive shelf actually looks a lot better/tidier now I've sold a few items... less is more, as they say. ;)

I completely agree with "less is more", bud. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Got bunch of games over the holiday month so gonna start posting them. :)
IMG_20171119_165052605.jpg IMG_20171119_165120766_HDR.jpg IMG_20171119_165138462_HDR.jpg

If you wanna see some awesome in game captures of Lost Legacy, click here

And a Walmart exclusive controller :thumbs:
IMG_20180110_234818519.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: dboy99 and Noodles
Hmm.. question to all those collecting video games.

How many of you find yourself buying both Collector's Edition and Special Editions for games.. sometimes even more other editions to keep for your collections? :facepalm:
I have so many Collector's Editions and Special Editions for same video game which both come with same steelbook and I simply keep both steelbooks because I don't want to break any of them up. Which of course in the long run costs a lot of money :offtopic:

How do you deal with this situation?

Reactions: Robles
Hmm.. question to all those collecting video games.

How many of you find yourself buying both Collector's Edition and Special Editions for games.. sometimes even more other editions to keep for your collections? :facepalm:
I have so many Collector's Editions and Special Editions for same video game which both come with same steelbook and I simply keep both steelbooks because I don't want to break any of them up. Which of course in the long run costs a lot of money :offtopic:

How do you deal with this situation?

I don't pick up anywhere near as many Collector editions up as I used too but I am starting to get the bug back for them and certain ones I'm trying to get hold of.
Years ago I would have picked up most things that were available for certain franchises but unfortunately, as time went on I sorta lost the Gaming bug.

Over the last couple of months I've started to get the urge to play a few things again, so the bug has very much starting to come back and have started to find more time to get back into gaming in general.
So over time, I will start to pick things back up again and did recently pick the two Limited Edition Gears of war consoles along with the 360 vaults, these were all things that I was after but never got around to picking them up at the time. :D :thumbs:

Next for me, I think will be the Gears of War Limited Edition Elite controller.

Reactions: Noodles and Thoth
I think the bug is implanted deep within my brain xD I need to grab hold of just some specific franchises rather than everything.
Gaming is one of those that I always end up back into and with my kids getting older now and my boy being huge into gaming that sort of keeps it fresh in my mind as he is always wanting to try something new.

Reactions: Thoth
Yeah I was a hardcore gamer when I was in my 20s then I took a break and started again like 2 years ago but don't have the time to go heavily into it so playing every now and then when got the time.

Also picked up the habit of boardgames lately but it's so tough to organize with people and meet up. I probably need to pro-create as well if I want a reliable gaming team :LOL:

Reactions: Robles