Predator (1987) (Discless SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #158) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 12, 2022 (E1 - E5) - January 19 (E2) - January 26 (E3) - February 2 (E4)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1799 CZK (E1) - 1899 CZK (E2 - E3) - 7499 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Notes: This release will be discless per FA communication, quoted here.

A1D616BE-B74D-40F5-B237-63B4CF3AEC8A.jpeg6BF4D113-FAC3-4DAA-805C-AEA3AFAF72B7.jpeg0E6C988E-2AEC-480E-AC8F-A41D0E7F64BC.jpeg9429BB34-62D6-4E29-BE8C-1330C4148970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a right cluster f**k. Disney are first class arseholes if it is really about the 4K disc release. I would be happy to just have the edition discless and put my own 4K UK disc in there for a cheaper price. Who knows how long this **** will go on for. Reminds me off BluFans and the trouble they are having with Disney etc if it's all what we read.
I'm not worried about the 4K disc. I'm worried about them holding it back until Prey is released.

Does that movie even have a release date? We all know productions can get delayed. Some movies can even sit on a shelf for years after being made before they see the light of day....

I don't even see why that movie should affect this release. Total nonsense. I'm guessing Disney want the exclusivity to stream the all Predator movies on D+ first in the build up to that movies release....

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I'm not worried about the 4K disc. I'm worried about them holding it back until Prey is released.

Does that movie even have a release date? We all know productions can get delayed. Some movies can even sit on a shelf for years after being made before they see the light of day....

I don't even see why that movie should affect this release. Total nonsense. I'm guessing Disney want the exclusivity to stream the all Predator movies on D+ first in the build up to that movies release....
Yes it looks like the way with Disney they prefer streaming to actual psychical media these days. just look at the piss poor effort with the 1st Pirates movie on 4K. Voted the worst 4K disc ever by most reviews and the blu ray is better.
If they can't be arsed to put some effort in to the disc release give it to a studio that cares. AT MOUSE ring any bells.
Can you imagine if we ever see ALIENS on 4K my heart bleeds.

im afraid theres not much that filmarena can do in such situations.. at least theyve clearly communicated the reason for the delay, which apparently is out of their hand entirely… it sucks, but not much we can do

I wonder if given the choice how many would take a refund and give up their copy and risk trying to secure it again when it's ready to be released?

Personally I keep forgetting about this release so the delay doesn't bother me really and as I don't buy a lot of FAC editions I don't mind having money tied up in just 1 release (might be different if there were multiple different editions I was waiting on)

Reactions: hatredhorror

I had to look this up because I didn’t even realise a new predator was in development (although not surprised)

Comes to Hulu this year apparently and was wrapped up filming last September

F922EE4F-69B2-4A6B-B86A-049F85E5A076.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: hatredhorror
They pump releases out like crazy while their actual output is drought. Not to mention they'll keep money and you can't cancel preorder and get refund... That's even more BS.

Reactions: Hereticz
Yeah man I enjoyed the predator too. Thomas Jane was weird but other than that I liked it. It’s Miles better than predators
ok, if you say so then my hope is maybe slightly restored.. and i have to admit i kinda liked “the predator“

I just wish they'd release the "uncut" original version of The Predator. It included a whole subplot that featured Edward James Olmos as a general in a secret facility where 2 Predators (in military fatigues) lived, eventually teaming up with the Loonies (in an APC) when the Upgrade releases various Predator hybrids into the mix.

Sounded proper barmy but I kinda think the series needed something like this.....