BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Prey

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Action

Director: Dan Trachtenberg

Release: 0000-00-00

Plot: Set 300 years ago in the Comanche Nation, skilled warrior Naru protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator.

Based on a mere trailer?
Based on everything, the concept, the actress, the fact it's a streaming service movie, which still feels like a DTV production.
Big Arnold barely handled a predator, and now a 5 foot woman is going to fight an intergalactic alien, with arrows...

Spider Man Lol GIF

Based on everything, the concept, the actress, the fact it's a streaming service movie, which still feels like a DTV production.
Big Arnold barely handled a predator, and now a 5 foot woman is going to fight an intergalactic alien, with arrows...

Spider Man Lol GIF
Actually, yes and in case you forgot at the end of the first predator Dutch subdued his Predator with a homemade bow and arrows, spears, traps and mud. Yes this will be a good movie just on a not so good streaming service.

giphy.gif

Actually, yes and in case you forgot at the end of the first predator Dutch subdued his Predator with a homemade bow and arrows, spears, traps and mud. Yes this will be a good movie just on a not so good streaming service.

giphy.gif
You're right, in that none of the team's firepower or military training helped them, until Arnie's character returned to simpler hunter tactics. And I do like female led movies and action heroines, but I don't think this is an adequate match, or interesting setting. That's why I prefer Predator 2 and The Predator to the others.
We'll see.

I don't think this is an adequate match, or interesting setting.
Why, because she's a female going up against a Predator? I don't want to get political but I'm going to use wars as an example, Vietnam, the war in Afghanistan, the war in the Ukraine, all of these are examples of people seriously outmatched and outgunned and the underdog sotospeak and had the sheer determination and willingness to survive. The Predator hunts for sport and the other always to survive so they have more of a reason to fight harder and smarter male and female. The setting, I'm just guessing here but I have a feeling we're going to see where the old gun from the Elder Predator came from in Predator 2. But your right we'll just have to see...

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Why, because she's a female going up against a Predator? I don't want to get political but I'm going to use wars as an example, Vietnam, the war in Afghanistan, the war in the Ukraine, all of these are examples of people seriously outmatched and outgunned and the underdog sotospeak and had the sheer determination and willingness to survive. The Predator hunts for sport and the other always to survive so they have more of a reason to fight harder and smarter male and female. The setting, I'm just guessing here but I have a feeling we're going to see where the old gun from the Elder Predator came from in Predator 2. But your right we'll just have to see...

Predator from the first movie would've blown off her head with his laser gun within 5 minutes, and went after the rest of her clan - roll credits.
I guess we can find an excuse for that not happening, in that predators are 'honorable warriors', and only use similar level weapons, as their prey.
That old revolver is the only interesting bit, that they're using to tie into the rest of the franchise.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I understand why so many are skeptical as I am one. Just looking at the shots in the trailer and some of the dialogue I believe with about 90% certainty I can tell you beat for beat what the plot of this film will be. The trailer did have some cool shots but I’m going into this with low expectations as it seems there has definitely been diminishing returns as we move down the Predator sequels.

On premise I think this could be an interesting addition to the Predator series. I hope they don’t just make the main character a Mary Sue like has been for modern Hollywood films with a female lead. It would be far more compelling if she builds her character as someone who struggles to fill a traditional role in her tribe. Then rather than using traditional hunting techniques she utilizes knowledge she gained throughout her life that she originally under appreciated to outwit the Predator. I think it would be cool to significantly downgrade the Predator’s tech so that maybe the camouflage is faulty or the plasma canon is still a work in progress. Like @Lenny Nero said, it’s a 100 pound girl going up against the technology and physicality of a creature that made Arnold look like a child in the first film is kind of laughable.

Just my two cents, nevertheless I’ll probably check it out anyway.

I don’t understand what people’s problems are. I think it looks sick. Looks miles better than predator 2, predators, the predator, Alien vs predator and it’s sequel.

If an LAPD officer can go up against the predator then I think a warrior from a primitive hunting tribe from the 1700s can too. She’s probably naturally as strong as arnie is in Predator considering the time and how she lives!

And it looks nothing like a sh!tty VOD film. From the trailer alone the cinematography and shots look like a well made film. Loved 10 cloverfield Lane too so I’ll checking it out day 1

I don’t understand what people’s problems are. I think it looks sick. Looks miles better than predator 2, predators, the predator, Alien vs predator and it’s sequel.

If an LAPD officer can go up against the predator then I think a warrior from a primitive hunting tribe from the 1700s can too. She’s probably naturally as strong as arnie is in Predator considering the time and how she lives!

And it looks nothing like a sh!tty VOD film. From the trailer alone the cinematography and shots look like a well made film. Loved 10 cloverfield Lane too so I’ll checking it out day 1
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I'm a bit biased though as I love the whole franchise!! :sorry: (maybe not the Alien Vs Predators so much! :D )

Reactions: Halo500 and Flloydo
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I'm a bit biased though as I love the whole franchise!! :sorry: (maybe not the Alien Vs Predators so much! :D )
I secretly have a soft spot for Alien Vs predator. Like a guilty pleasure. and I didn’t mind The Predator. The first is just too good tho

It's gonna be sh*t, it's VOD. Plain and simple.

It's gonna be sh*t, it's VOD. Plain and simple.
Completely disagree. Loads of films in the last 2 years have had VOD releases and a lot of them have been great. Don’t look up, chip n dale rescue rangers, zach Snyders justice league to name a few.

Hell technically TV is in the same bracket. Stuff like Ozark, stranger things, midnight mass, queens gambit. I don’t see the difference if a well made film gets the same production and release.

You just sound annoyed and bitter because its another film in the predator franchise which you probably love and haven’t moved on from the first film 35 years later and this time it’s a women fighting it. Seems to of triggered everyone who won’t admit that but uses VOD as an excuse Lol. Plain and simple

Completely disagree. Loads of films in the last 2 years have had VOD releases and a lot of them have been great. Don’t look up, chip n dale rescue rangers, zach Snyders justice league to name a few.

Hell technically TV is in the same bracket. Stuff like Ozark, stranger things, midnight mass, queens gambit. I don’t see the difference if a well made film gets the same production and release.

You just sound annoyed and bitter because its another film in the predator franchise which you probably love and haven’t moved on from the first film 35 years later and this time it’s a women fighting it. Seems to of triggered everyone who won’t admit that but uses VOD as an excuse Lol. Plain and simple
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Reactions: Halo500 and Flloydo

While I agree with you that just off the scenes we have seen this looks much better than a “direct to video” or VOD movie based on visuals. What ultimately will make or break this for me will be the plot. Hulu has put out some good offerings (Palm Springs was one of my favorite movies of 2020).

The first Predator was a classic, merging several genres seamlessly with perfect pacing. Predator 2 was pretty good but a significant step down. Predators is a worse rehash of the original but is a guilty pleasure of mine. The rest of the sequels were bad, seemingly bottoming out with The Predator.

There have been several strong female characters throughout the series. Anna in the original, Leona in Predator 2, and Isabelle in Predators. I don’t think anyone cares that the main character is a woman and from what I have seen she seems to be a pretty decent actress.

If you like are looking forward to it, that’s great but I definitely see why some would be skeptical. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised, because in that case we get a good addition to a series I enjoy.

Reactions: Flloydo
While I agree with you that just off the scenes we have seen this looks much better than a “direct to video” or VOD movie based on visuals. What ultimately will make or break this for me will be the plot. Hulu has put out some good offerings (Palm Springs was one of my favorite movies of 2020).

Palm Springs was my favourite film that year. Pure gold. I think I’ve seen it 5 times now lol
The first Predator was a classic, merging several genres seamlessly with perfect pacing. Predator 2 was pretty good but a significant step down. Predators is a worse rehash of the original but is a guilty pleasure of mine. The rest of the sequels were bad, seemingly bottoming out with The Predator.

I rewatched predators recently on Disney+ and it wasn’t as bad as I remembered. But I still prefer the predator. I think regardless of what anyone’s orders are in the grand scheme of things they have all been pretty w@nk. Usually with a few good moments etc. And I always applauded Predator 2 for taking it to the city. Thought it was an interesting setting. However from what came after the original, I still think this looks the most interesting and promising
There have been several strong female characters throughout the series. Anna in the original, Leona in Predator 2, and Isabelle in Predators. I don’t think anyone cares that the main character is a woman and from what I have seen she seems to be a pretty decent actress.
AvP too. But they weren’t really main characters and they had teams of people in those films. Except AvP, she was the main character but she wasn’t much of a fighter. Even though she does eventually earn their respect by fighting. I still think that although this girl will be the main character there will be a whole tribe helping her out when the big guy(s) arrives.

I dunno, some do care. Let me introduce you to twitter. The cesspit and the holy grail of the internet. Seems to be a mixture of that and the fact she just has a bow and arrow. I’m sure I’ve seen far less kill a predator in the past.

If you like are looking forward to it, that’s great but I definitely see why some would be skeptical. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised, because in that case we get a good addition to a series I enjoy.