PS5 or stand alone 4K player ?

Nov 18, 2016
Belgium
Hi guys,

i am on a waiting list to get a PS5 but i have no clue how long this might take...
I have a PS4 and i play some games from time to time, i would say i am happy with the PS4 games.
First wanted to have a PS5 so i get the next gen system + a 4K player, but now i just wonder if it is the right choice for me...

Is the PS5 player better than for exemple : LG UBK 90 (which is priced around 170$)
as an occasional gamer, is it worth it to wait ? or shall i buy a stand alone player ? Also taking in account the extra bucks i would have to pay for the PS5 next to just a player.

thanks ! ;-)

Reactions: Billy Talent
Hi guys,

i am on a waiting list to get a PS5 but i have no clue how long this might take...
I have a PS4 and i play some games from time to time, i would say i am happy with the PS4 games.
First wanted to have a PS5 so i get the next gen system + a 4K player, but now i just wonder if it is the right choice for me...

Is the PS5 player better than for exemple : LG UBK 90 (which is priced around 170$)
as an occasional gamer, is it worth it to wait ? or shall i buy a stand alone player ? Also taking in account the extra bucks i would have to pay for the PS5 next to just a player.

thanks ! ;-)
As far as using the PS5 as an UHD player, it serves me just fine. If your specifically looking for Dolby Vision then your probably going to have to look for something else as the best the PS5 can do at (this moment) is HDR10. For my office/game room - man cave it's just fine but for my main room it just wasn't going to cut it so just recently I bought the Panasonic DP-UB9000 for in there and it supports all current and some upcoming formats not yet implemented.