Purpose of This Board (DVD SteelBooks)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I know its odd because this is a blu-ray forum. However, its also odd to get Blu-ray steelbooks in DVD sized cases. :cool: That being said, the more that continues and the more DVD sized cases etch their way into our collection it may make people seek out DVD sized dvd steelbooks to convert with their own Blu-ray disc, or not. Just one thought ...

Other reasons is that their is some really cool art on many DVD case steelbooks. Perhaps you see one and want to share without getting flamed in the blu-ray steelbook section? Well, here's your place to do so!

Their is always eyes watching. If one old dvd steelbook got a ton of responsive feedback even though you thought it would NEVER get a blu-ray steelbook, well hey ... you never know. ;)

It's also easier for mods to prune forums and push dvd threads to this forum incase they get posted over there. Which has happened before, even by me :p So I guess we already got some threads that can be moved.

And a shout out to Buffalo who pushed the envelope on this one to finally get it made.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbsolo
I never thought to look at the DVD Steelbooks. In case anyone is wondering the 500 in my name is because I almost have 500 DVDS in my collection so close! Hopefully by the end of the month!

I never thought to look at the DVD Steelbooks. In case anyone is wondering the 500 in my name is because I almost have 500 DVDS in my collection so close! Hopefully by the end of the month!

its a landmark mate, i cant remember when i passed 500 lol ive probably sold twice that. id quite like to slim the collection down to that number but thats a pipe dream.

dvd steelbooks i think are really awesome, they are bigger so you have more space for artwork.

i still collect every uk dvd steelbook we are on 170 i think or will be soon.

id love to know if anyone else have every uk dvd steelbook, i have every uk bluray steel too but i know a few people have them so would be nice if was unique in having all of both.

Being a "newbie" to Steelbook collecting, could anybody give me an idea of the history of G1 vs G2 - and which one is 6 3/4" tall (since all of mine are that size at this point). The reason for my interest is that I'm looking at eBay and Amazon to expand my collection but the photos don't tell me what size Steelbooks are used for each title. Very confusing.