Rare DVD Steelbooks

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All, since there are 100's of DVD Steelbooks, I thought we could add a thread for "rare" DVD Steels.

Feel free to chime in:scat:

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: sutti69
Interesting....Since THE BOONDOCK SAINTS is what got me started (addicted) to collecting. After about a dozen I switched to the Blu-Ray Steels though. I have no idea what is rare so I will check back to see as I am curious too.

In terms of rare, I am pretty sure the Batman Begins Spain edition is next to impossible to track down. I spent many a year trying to get a hold of that one, but no luck. I will try and think of any more.

wow there are many i know

the definitive editions that were released in the uk were also released in the russian federation with russian text...

also nightwatch/daywatch from russia, the original russian version as a double pack steelbook with a metal badge on the front of the logo is probably the holy grail of dvd steelbooks in comparison to john rambo blu ray 1st release from germany

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

let me think:

terminator 2 [japan]
goodfellas [spain]
reservoir dogs 1st release [netherlands]
resident evil trilogy [germany]
resident evil afterlife [germany]
scarface platinum edition (vertical print - 1st run) [italy]
heat [spain]
gran torino [france]
gran torino [germany]
the hangover [germany]
v for vendetta with comic [korea]
watchmen 3 disc [germany]
the machine girl [uk]

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

all of the above are afaik are very rare and hard to track.... especially that nightwatch/daywatch double pack as trying to get anything out of russia is like going against the chinese army with sticks and stones LOOOOL

Dog Soliders (US) with debossed dog tags on the cover?
Dead Snow (US) with embossed title on the cover?

There's a US version of Machine Girl that I think is rarer than the UK one (that was easy to pick up) - Snowblood has it and has posted pics in the DVD thread.

i always thought that the xmen the last stand fs exclusive was the most rare, since it used to go for 400-600 on ebay

First Steelbook released in US and #d

appleseed02.jpg

appleseed01.jpg

I agree though that X3 Last Stand is the rarest (because I didnt got it).......

after effect - I make sure each and every Blu-Ray Steelbooks in North America - I WILL HAVE IT~

I believe one of the hardest to find (sealed) is The Little Mermaid from Future Shop. Also the side-by-side ones like the Jungle Book or Pirates of the Carribean.

i thought silent hill uk dvd would be rare since it was only available from virgin megastores instore, never sold online.

i have the uk machine girls and us dog soldiers mentioned - i have all 166(i think thats right) uk dvd steelbooks, and youre saying 99% are not rare at all? booourns!

sorry...not sure if this is "Rare" or anything...but just wanted to know if Mission Impossible 3 is harder to locate these days? or common...cheers!