Raya and the Last Dragon (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: May 18, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1619388267043.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, the UK gets shafted AGAIN!? Goes to show what a difference some gloss makes.

I still need to see a better pic of the U.K. version. Can’t tell if the front is spot glossed from the small amount of pics I’ve seen. I can deal with ours having a glossed raya on the front but it’s still no where near the levels of how stunning it looks in full gloss

I still need to see a better pic of the U.K. version. Can’t tell if the front is spot glossed from the small amount of pics I’ve seen. I can deal with ours having a glossed raya on the front but it’s still no where near the levels of how stunning it looks in full gloss
That still wouldn't fix it for me unfortunately... back looks streaky as hell. :wtf:

That still wouldn't fix it for me unfortunately... back looks streaky as hell. :wtf:

Oh it’s savagely horrible. But spot gloss raya (98% of the front art) and drop that price in a sale and I’ll bite.

Can’t seem to find any decent pics or videos anywhere

Reactions: Noodles
Oh it’s savagely horrible. But spot gloss raya (98% of the front art) and drop that price in a sale and I’ll bite.

Can’t seem to find any decent pics or videos anywhere
I'm tempted to just call it a day with the Disney/Pixar steels tbh... it's disappointment after disappointment, and the prices are beyond ridiculous now. I've already quit collecting Marvel steels, so may as well go all out and quit Disney for good I suppose lol.

Reactions: Flloydo
I'm tempted to just call it a day with the Disney/Pixar steels tbh... it's disappointment after disappointment, and the prices are beyond ridiculous now. I've already quit collecting Marvel steels, so may as well go all out and quit Disney for good I suppose lol.

it can be so hit or miss. I used to buy them straight away but I’m currently missing This, toy story 4, Dumbo (live action), soul and Mulan (live action). It’s a shame because the collection they did are fantastic (the animated films). And some of the WWA releases are great too like maleficent 2 but the last couple have just been huge fails. I was really hoping on a toy story 4 reissue to match the other 3 4K steels and the others except dumbo I’ll pick up on big drops

Reactions: Noodles
it can be so hit or miss. I used to buy them straight away but I’m currently missing This, toy story 4, Dumbo (live action), soul and Mulan (live action). It’s a shame because the collection they did are fantastic (the animated films). And some of the WWA releases are great too like maleficent 2 but the last couple have just been huge fails. I was really hoping on a toy story 4 reissue to match the other 3 4K steels and the others except dumbo I’ll pick up on big drops
I haven't bought any for a while either... was waiting for a price drop on most, but I probably won't bother at all now. Even cancelled my order for Soul, which ended up being one of my favourite films of last year, so that says a lot. But yeah, that's what makes it even more annoying... they're fully capable of putting out really nice steels, as they'd proven with the early Disney and Pixar classic line - those are genuinely some of my favourite steels ever! So it's like they're doing it on purpose just to be tight or whatever. Same goes for Marvel... their early steels were awesome, and although they have improved the designs again recently, they still have lacklustre finishes.

@Noodles Found a video. It’s just zero finish with no spot gloss
No surprises there.