Region Free Blu-ray Players (World Wide List)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Post models/tips here for multi-region players.

Models for Purchase in the US

OPPO BDP-103-Link -requires kit to make region free.

SONY BDP-S1100 Link

Models for Purchase in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my new region free player :) i was happy with my old LG region free player but it got fried in a thunderstorm last summer (there was sparks flying around the house :wow:) so i decided to go LG again :thumbs: It was about $135 from Bombay-electronics :thumbs: plus shipping and customs of course :wtf: It plays DvD´s 0-9 Blu-Ray´s A,B&C :thumbs:

WP_20161217_20_37_26_Pro.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: raspor
Just got my new region free player :) i was happy with my old LG region free player but it got fried in a thunderstorm last summer (there was sparks flying around the house :wow:) so i decided to go LG again :thumbs: It was about $135 from Bombay-electronics :thumbs: plus shipping and customs of course :wtf: It plays DvD´s 0-9 Blu-Ray´s A,B&C :thumbs:

View attachment 282061
It might be worth investing in a surge protector, to prevent further frying.

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp
So you saying I could just throw in any disc and it reads it AUTOMATICALLY ... no flipping between regions?
Well.......... DvD´s yes but on blu rays you need to press 1,2 or 3 what region the disc is from when you start the player, if the disc is region locked (i forgot to mention this in the previous message :emb:)

I figured that with UHD players hitting the market that instead of upgrading the entire player to be region free that I would just keep my Oppo BDP-93 with region mod for other region Blu-rays and just buy a new UHD player for all Blu-rays in my region and UHD discs since 4K discs are all region free to begin with. With all the new video standards like Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+, that trying to find a player that supported all of those and also have a region hack/mod is impossible considering that there are very few UHD players to begin with. Looking at the Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray player.