Region Free Trick to Make Some/All Panasonic BD Players Region Free for BD's

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hey guys-this is confirmed to work on several Panasonic Blu-Ray players (you need to try your model). It makes the player region free for BD playback.

Thanks Jung @ TBS-

All you need to do is load up the disc. When the message pops up that says the disc will only play in a Region B or C player pops up, press "stop" on the remote control. Then press "1" on the remote, followed by "enter." This will bypass the message and load up the disc to play normally.

just tried with a Harmony 880 did not work, used ENTER (E) button at the numeric pad right to 0 and with OK, did not work

Hey Buffalo, I am sorry it is not working for you:( Try hitting the sequence of buttons a bit faster. If it still doesn't work, I don't know. Many users elsewhere have confirmed that it has worked, but since I don't spend much time reading other forums on a daily basis, I am not sure what the % success rate is.

Hey Buffalo-it must be hit or miss them. Perhaps doing a search for a thread specific to this thread in an HT-specific forum like AVS, etc, will provide more info on this particular trick. Sorry it did not work for you and some others...

I have a Panasonic BT730 htib ,and it doesn't work :( Region B & C discs are still locked for me.. does anyone know if the Uk Firmware /software will work on a North american model? and are there any generic firmwares to get my htib player to turn Region free?

Does anyone know if this trick works on Panasonic DMP BD 75? My brother is thinking about getting this but he needs it to be region free.

I tried this trick on my US 75 with mixed results.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (UK)- Worked
Drive (UK)- Worked
Black Hawk Down (DE)- Did NOT work
Taken (UK)- Did NOT work
Reservoir Dogs (DE)- Did NOT work

Doesn't seem to work on Fox or German titles, but works on UK Studio Canal.
Maybe someone should try on a UK T2 or the new Total Recall.

Regarding Total Recall, you need to do this sequence : STOP + 10 + ok (2 times)
The original sequence with "1" worked on many titles.
Had no luck with Tintin (France) and Sin City (Germany).

Anybody get a US Panasonic BD60 to work with this hack?

I just popped a Region B locked (cabin in the woods) disc in to try. Won't even accept the stop button so failed at the first hurdle :-(

Just went to try this on my Panasonic and so far every Region 1 film I've put in has worked without me doing anything?!! :)

is that normal?..