Renewed or Cancelled TV Shows

This is exactly why I refuse to watch a new network TV show until its at least into the second season. They are way too quick to cancel a show show now if it doesn't do well. Shows hardly get time to build an audience anymore.

Just think if in the past shows were treated like they are now we probably wouldn't have had Friends and definitely wouldn't have had Seinfeld. Both of which didn't have very good first seasons and started out with mixed reviews. Even though they became the 2 most popular TV shows ever.

Still gutted that terra nova finished so early. Gits.

I guess I never understood why they had to travel from the future to 85 million years in the past. Why did they chooses that specific time and not a "safer" one? Was that the only time they could go back to?

America cancelled eastenders, why can't we!

How is Cougar Town still going?

There area a lot of shows that are still on that boggle the mind. Parks and Recreation anyone? Not to mention the myriad of reality shows that still seem to multiply like rabbits.

I still wish somebody would've picked up Jericho, Carnivale, and V. Those are probably the 3 shows i miss the most.

I was just going to say Jericho was an awesome show that really just never the chance it deserved.

Life was another great one that I feel was a casualty of the writers strike.

Firefly???

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I supposed what tweaks me the most about the whole thing is they cancel good shows at the end of the season and then the fall lineup comes out and its a load of total and utter crap sprinkled with ever worse reality shows. I mean really who is greenlighting some of this stuff?

This is exactly why I refuse to watch a new network TV show until its at least into the second season. They are way too quick to cancel a show show now if it doesn't do well. Shows hardly get time to build an audience anymore.

Just think if in the past shows were treated like they are now we probably wouldn't have had Friends and definitely wouldn't have had Seinfeld. Both of which didn't have very good first seasons and started out with mixed reviews. Even though they became the 2 most popular TV shows ever.

I guess I never understood why they had to travel from the future to 85 million years in the past. Why did they chooses that specific time and not a "safer" one? Was that the only time they could go back to?

There area a lot of shows that are still on that boggle the mind. Parks and Recreation anyone? Not to mention the myriad of reality shows that still seem to multiply like rabbits.

I was just going to say Jericho was an awesome show that really just never the chance it deserved.

Life was another great one that I feel was a casualty of the writers strike.

Firefly???

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I supposed what tweaks me the most about the whole thing is they cancel good shows at the end of the season and then the fall lineup comes out and its a load of total and utter crap sprinkled with ever worse reality shows. I mean really who is greenlighting some of this stuff?

Firefly was great as well.

Spartacus Will Be Ending After Season 3.

I actually have just been watching it. I'm towards the end of the series now. Yeah I like it, disappointing though at the same time because you know there's no more. thats the problem with watching cancelled TV series.

Yeah, i agree with that. That's they way i felt when i watched it, and Pushing Daisies.

The one which hurt me the most was Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles :(

It did it's own thing while being loyal to the Terminator franchise and got back to basics rather than trying to make jokes every 10 minutes. Sad.

The one which hurt me the most was Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles :(

It did it's own thing while being loyal to the Terminator franchise and got back to basics rather than trying to make jokes every 10 minutes. Sad.

I don't know, maybe it was a bad scene or I caught it at a bad time but I watched about 5 minutes of it and found the acting to be terrible. That was enough for me

Maybe Im wrong because it seems that a lot of people liked that show.

I don't know, maybe it was a bad scene or I caught it at a bad time but I watched about 5 minutes of it and found the acting to be terrible. That was enough for me

Maybe Im wrong because it seems that a lot of people liked that show.

you caught it at a bad time... AWESOME SHOW! I still can't f*cking believe they canned it. I heard the biggest reason they got canned was the budget was too inflated. Shame, cuz thats something the production crew could have easily controlled. So what a few less genuine action sequences could have gotten CG'ed in and sucked but the show would have still be great and continued on. That is if indeed that rumour is true.

Sarah Connor, Rubicon, Las Vegas and Human Target cancellations all culminated to me being the lose-lose cynical show watcher I am now, lol. There are plenty of other shows that I have watched that got canned but these ones hurt too much.

you caught it at a bad time... AWESOME SHOW! I still can't f*cking believe they canned it. I heard the biggest reason they got canned was the budget was too inflated. Shame, cuz thats something the production crew could have easily controlled. So what a few less genuine action sequences could have gotten CG'ed in and sucked but the show would have still be great and continued on. That is if indeed that rumour is true.

Sarah Connor, Rubicon, Las Vegas and Human Target cancellations all culminated to me being the lose-lose cynical show watcher I am now, lol. There are plenty of other shows that I have watched that got canned but these ones hurt too much.

Yeah it was definately a great show.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
There so many good shows that get cancelled it really does annoy me. I miss Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles, Legend of the Seeker also the River i thought that was awesome. I still cant beleive Angel got cancelled all them years ago! I love Angel and he didnt even get a proper ending! I almost forgot Firefly! How that show got cancelled it was amazing.

Last edited:
I know lots of you love Game of Thrones, and so do I, but i would give up all its seasons for the full run of Firefly:(

it was a longtime ago but "The Wayons Bros" being cancelled shocked me. I loved that show, and more recently "The Event & Tera Nova" both had promise but you could see cancellation was coming for those two. My Predictions of next to be cancelled would be "Once Upon a Time". Amazing show but everything that made it captivating and great is now revealed. After seeing all that happened in season one, I just don't see how it could stay interesting now going into season two.

Last edited:
I know lots of you love Game of Thrones, and so do I, but i would give up all its seasons for the full run of Firefly:(

Yeah, even though Firefly got the release on BD and then Serenity, it should have been a lot more.

My vote would be for Veronica Mars. Still pissed off about how the network handled that.