Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
RIP to Dark Man X/ Earl Simmons/ DMX

F158B739-9826-4093-8313-273873189A1C.jpeg

052E25A7-C70B-4562-8DD7-D6435BC39727.jpeg

E33642D6-E0AA-4EA3-8671-B407AB2874DF.jpeg

This one hits hard. Absolute legend.
I got into hip hop/ rap around age 12/13 and DMX was one of the first artists I got into and explored over 20 years ago (along with Eminem, Wu Tang, Nas, Jay-Z, Mos Def, Snoop, Pac, Busta, bone thugs, dead prez to name a few)

It’s dark and hell is hot, flesh of my flesh and blood of my blood and the Great Depression imo are his 3 greatest albums. And how’s it going down is one of my favourite songs. I’m having a binge tonight

50 is too young!

RIP

7EDA2EAC-0150-43D4-B11F-3455161EE13D.jpeg

i was introduced to rap music in 1997, 2PAC was the first. then other death row records artists like Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy.

later Naughty By Nature, Wu-Tang, Nas, Rakim, NWA, Ice Cube, Eazy E.

in 1999 i heard DMX the first time, it was the single "Party Up". i checked the album and his first ones and became a fan ever since.

one of my top 5 rappers. he was very talented... it was a gift.

Thank you for posting this!
Couldn't believe it when I saw the news at work, I haven't been this shocked by the death of a rapper since 2pac.
One of the best rappers alongside 2pac for me, such a unique voice gone at 50 years old :offtopic:

I have "Flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood'' on vinyl the original 1998 pressing by def jam and will cherish it forever.

i was introduced to rap music in 1997, 2PAC was the first. then other death row records artists like Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy.

later Naughty By Nature, Wu-Tang, Nas, Rakim, NWA, Ice Cube, Eazy E.

in 1999 i heard DMX the first time, it was the single "Party Up". i checked the album and his first ones and became a fan ever since.

one of my top 5 rappers. he was very talented... it was a gift.

seems we had a similar journey with rap and even around the same time and even with the same artists haha. I’m about 2 years behind you. I think I was around 98/99. (I was on a school trip to the history museum in London and my mate had his older brothers Sony discman with a Xzibit, bone thugs and big pun CD and we listened to them all at the back of the coach on the way and on the way back. All started there) Love everyone you named.
I was even listening to some Dre, naughty by nature and beastie boys earlier before I found out this news.

Thank you for posting this!
Couldn't believe it when I saw the news at work, I haven't been this shocked by the death of a rapper since 2pac.
One of the best rappers alongside 2pac for me, such a unique voice gone at 50 years old :offtopic:

I have "Flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood'' on vinyl the original 1998 pressing by def jam and will cherish it forever.

It’s strange being the age I am now because all the people I grew up with and admired are starting to go. I try to not let celeb deaths get to me but there’s been a few over the years that have struck me harder. Bowie, Robin williams, Aaliyah, Keith flint, Nate Dogg and now DMX

seems we had a similar journey with rap and even around the same time and even with the same artists haha. I’m about 2 years behind you. I think I was around 98/99. (I was on a school trip to the history museum in London and my mate had his older brothers Sony discman with a Xzibit, bone thugs and big pun CD and we listened to them all at the back of the coach on the way and on the way back. All started there) Love everyone you named.
I was even listening to some Dre, naughty by nature and beastie boys earlier before I found out this news.
ahh, also 1998, 2PAC's Greatest Hits was the first album.

Reactions: Flloydo
just checked ebay and people bidding $150+ for vinyls now and few were also sold for $200+

let me guess, they will release the unfinished new album and re-release the old ones with unreleased tracks of that era.

just checked ebay and people bidding $150+ for vinyls now and few were also sold for $200+

let me guess, they will release the unfinished new album and re-release the old ones with unreleased tracks of that era.

Yep they always seem to do that.

Record store day is coming soon they might add a DMX collection, or for the next RSD.

Reactions: Flloydo