Upcoming Riverdale (Season 3) [The CW]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
RIVERDALE - CW - Premires Jan 26, 2017
Set in present day and based on the iconic Archie Comics characters, “Riverdale” is a surprising and subversive take on Archie, Betty, Veronica, and their friends, exploring the surrealism of small town life — the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale’s wholesome facade.

BujuGn5v.jpg

Last edited:
Quite concerned about this. Poor Archie has never really been given a good shot on the big screen before. Or eve the small one.

First official image from the show:
riverdale.jpg

@denizen I'm a little worried about this too... But I think if they did a straight up adaptation is would be kind of boring.
Having a "Mystery" element to the show brings something different with characters we already know.

Well we don't really know. I think it could work if they combined retro with modern which the comic series is famous for. Like Batman 1989.

First Promo:

So... this definitely isn't what i was expecting. A LOT more darker and gritty.
Also... The hair dye job on Archie is horrible. They seriously couldn't do a better job then that!? (or find an actor that actually has red hair?).

Even still. I'm going to check it out.

Yup. As expected. The irony is if they had just stuck to the source material, this would be marvelous. Sadly poor Archie has never been able to spread its wings.

@denizen @bloodsnake007
OK so just finished watching the Pilot... and... it kind of... actually... works! haha
Its very different from the comics... but i dig the vibe of it.

Also I found it very funny that they shoot the show here near me!
For example, Pop's, I used to go there all the time in my teens!!! It's not called Pop's in real life, its called Rocko's... It was a regular hangout with my high school friends and I. So Crazy.

Thanks @kaw

I'll still definitely watch the pilot but i just wish for once they could make a faithful adaptation of a comic that has spanned for over 50 years.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
@denizen @bloodsnake007
OK so just finished watching the Pilot... and... it kind of... actually... works! haha
Its very different from the comics... but i dig the vibe of it.

Also I found it very funny that they shoot the show here near me!
For example, Pop's, I used to go there all the time in my teens!!! It's not called Pop's in real life, its called Rocko's... It was a regular hangout with my high school friends and I. So Crazy.
@kaw 1st Bates Motel, now this? That's AWESOME! :woot: Hope you take some pics :photo: :thumbs: