Rocky IV (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: March 21, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

F0D2DCE4-789A-4008-8198-C86381F95B4D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if this is original or directors cut. Honestly I want both. I really hope we get 5 (mediocre it may be) and Balboa which is really good. And I guess I hope UK gets them at all right lol.

Anyone know if this is original or directors cut. Honestly I want both. I really hope we get 5 (mediocre it may be) and Balboa which is really good. And I guess I hope UK gets them at all right lol.
According to sly he only remastered the DC footage for 4K, and bill hunt suspects this is DC. Might be both, but I'd wager it'd be DC either way. Apparently sly is working on V and Balboa atm.

According to sly he only remastered the DC footage for 4K, and bill hunt suspects this is DC. Might be both, but I'd wager it'd be DC either way. Apparently sly is working on V and Balboa atm.
When they first got rumoured a few weeks back I'm sure it said Rocky 4 was the directors cut. But I also got the impression it was a box set too. I just hope we eventually get both cos I love the original Rocky 4. Robot and all. And I have only seen Rocky vs Drago twice so far but enjoyed it. They are both different and I really want 4ks of both.

When they first got rumoured a few weeks back I'm sure it said Rocky 4 was the directors cut. But I also got the impression it was a box set too. I just hope we eventually get both cos I love the original Rocky 4. Robot and all. And I have only seen Rocky vs Drago twice so far but enjoyed it. They are both different and I really want 4ks of both.
Rocky IV is one of those films I had fond memories of, but I watched it last year and thought it was a bit of a cheesy music montage mess, like top gun lol

I watched the DC when it came out, and it wasn't as different as I'd hoped tbh. An improvement for sure, but it's still basically the same film.

Personally I'd have no particular interest in seeing the theatrical again, but I'm not going cry about it if that's the only option available on disc.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Rocky IV is one of those films I had fond memories of, but I watched it last year and thought it was a bit of a cheesy music montage mess, like top gun lol

I watched the DC when it came out, and it wasn't as different as I'd hoped tbh. An improvement for sure, but it's still basically the same film.

Personally I'd have no particular interest in seeing the theatrical again, but I'm not going cry about it if that's the only option available on disc.
See I absolutely love the original Rocky 4.

I didn't even know there were two versions, as I haven't seen any Rocky films since the 90's. A case of having bought each film more times, than I actually watched them, something is wrong about that...

Aye, I saw that too, so as expected. Also has a documentary r.e sly's making of the new DC, which I for one will find interesting.

FB_IMG_1672785748280.jpg

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Aye, I saw that too, so as expected. Also has a documentary r.e sly's making of the new DC, which I for one will find interesting.

View attachment 547501
Would that be the one he filmed on an iPhone? If so I found it pretty interesting. Although it doesn't specify both versions are in 4k. Although I assume they are, it is not unprecedented for theatrical and directors cuts to not be in 4k. Isn't the special edition of T2 not 4k? And Watchmen I know only jas the theatrical and directors on regular bluray with the Ultimate cut being 4k.

Would that be the one he filmed on an iPhone? If so I found it pretty interesting. Although it doesn't specify both versions are in 4k. Although I assume they are, it is not unprecedented for theatrical and directors cuts to not be in 4k. Isn't the special edition of T2 not 4k? And Watchmen I know only jas the theatrical and directors on regular bluray with the Ultimate cut being 4k.
Not a clue, I haven't seen it. Sounds feature length though, the back lists it as "the extended behind the scenes documentary".

It will be in 4K, there are no blu-ray film discs in the standard US set lol it'll be branched with the theatrical on the same disc.

Each film has it's own 4K disc, with Dolby Vision and DTS HD MA 5.1 audio. There's also a bonus blu-ray disc with special features from the original film and the rocky 4 documentary.

Not a clue, I haven't seen it. Sounds feature length though, the back lists it as "the extended behind the scenes documentary".

It will be in 4K, there are no blu-ray film discs in the standard US set lol it'll be branched with the theatrical on the same disc.

Each film has it's own 4K disc, with Dolby Vision and DTS HD MA 5.1 audio. There's also a bonus blu-ray disc with special features from the original film and the rocky 4 documentary.
It would likely be the same making of documentary but a extended version
The making of documentary 93 min version is on Sly Stallone YouTube channel if you want to watch before you get the physical media release

Reactions: 5t33lb0y