Sabotage (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #34) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: May 27, 2016 (E1 & E2) - July 29, 2016 (E3)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3
Price: TBA
Note: Numbered - WEA (E1 - 1000 copies, E2 - 1000 copies, E3 - HardBox (E1+E2) 500 copies)
Group buys: hosted by carllenc (links TBA) - Wednesday April 13 at 8 PM (CET) Find out your local time HERE
GB Edition #1 - Full Slip | GB Edition #2 - Lenti | GB Edition #3 - Hard Box

Edition #1 | Edition #2 | Edition #3

12998434_1332323513450866_8671640475461696880_o.jpg 12961412_1332323506784200_1628948339651258364_o.jpg 12973205_1332323500117534_8103017877813435505_o.jpg
Sabotage_Front.JPG Sabotage_Inside.JPG

Update: Release date of the Hardbox edition (E3) will be different to the individual releases (E1+E2) since production of the hardbox requires more time as its a hand made product and FilmArena needs to reserve more time to finish the previous box editions. The release date will be set around July/August so please keep that in mind when planning your combinations. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, no :(.

This film is a turd (in my opinion, no offense intended) much like Elektra (imo, blablabla), so it's a shame FilmArena is wasting time on this. I caved for Exodus, which is far from a masterpiece too, and I decided to get Commando too (it's enjoyable only if in the right mood for campiness).

But now, it does look like FilmArena is really not trying to pick up genuinely good films here (I'm counting As Above So Below and Dracula Untold as part of the bad ones too). Thankfully there's Kingsman coming up!

Though let's notice that there hasn't been any other Sabotage steelbook announced lately (not counting the ones released in Germany/Netherlands a while ago) so it could be a true FA exclusive. That'd be nice... for the future of this collection, with original titles in exclusive steelbooks, and hopefully good films :).

Didn't like the movie much, definitely not enough to warrant an import purchase. So this will be an easy pass for me. Already have a Commando and John Wick steels so looks like I'll be able to take a little break from FA releases for awhile.

Don't often pass on FA releases, but definitely out for this. Flop of a film that I could barely sit through once. Very odd FA would pick a film that was a financial and critical disaster loathed by most. 18.5million worldwide box office for an Arnie film, I don't even think Depp has struck out that badly yet lol.

Oh, no :(.

This film is a turd (in my opinion, no offense intended) much like Elektra (imo, blablabla), so it's a shame FilmArena is wasting time on this. I caved for Exodus, which is far from a masterpiece too, and I decided to get Commando too (it's enjoyable only if in the right mood for campiness).

But now, it does look like FilmArena is really not trying to pick up genuinely good films here (I'm counting As Above So Below and Dracula Untold as part of the bad ones too). Thankfully there's Kingsman coming up!

Though let's notice that there hasn't been any other Sabotage steelbook announced lately (not counting the ones released in Germany/Netherlands a while ago) so it could be a true FA exclusive. That'd be nice... for the future of this collection, with original titles in exclusive steelbooks, and hopefully good films :).

It does seem a very odd choice considering it is a major turkey of a film that was universally panned by critics, bombed at the box office and isn't even liked by the majority of Arnie fans. Add to that, the fact that it's not a new film so FA aren't buying the rights to do it not knowing how badly it was received.:facepalm:

I can't blame FA for some of the titles they do as often they aquire the rights before it's know if a film is good or not. Dracula was announced by them before it was known to be really bad. On the bright side they have released some collectors editions that are loved like Interview With The Vampire, and even Elektra made a small profit and has it's fans. They aren't releasing all bad flims, we have both John Wick and Kingsman to look forward to, both of which are superb films likely to spawn sequels. Both of those will definitely be in my top 10 films of the year. They also released a gorgeous Hunger Games 3 package while not to everyones tastes was a massive success whether folks are fans of the franchise or not.:D

hmm WEA you say? Lets see how this plays out...

@Actarus I don't see you here buddy :watch::p

although love FA not too much of an Arnold Fan, BUT did really enjoy Escape Plan, got into Terminator but for the rest I guess I'll view the preview for this one and make my opinion.

when I asked fa about the back catalogue choices they did state that there's lots of Arnold's Fan so reason why they are doing multiple release of his films... I wish they would have at least done Predator if they had to pick one.

Reactions: Phantasmic