Now Streaming The Sandman (Season 1) [Netflix]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
BREAKING: Sandman TV Series In Development at Netflix!
Source: ComingSoon
sandman.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Neil Gaiman’s Sandman comics have found their next attempt at a live-action venture, with streaming service Netflix picking up the option to the series for an adaptation. Wonder Woman co-writer Allan Heinberg will serve as showrunner with both Gaiman and David Goyer executive producing.

No official statement has come from Warner Bros. Television or Netflix just yet, but with San Diego Comic-Con just weeks ago the official announcement could come during one of WBTV’s many panels. THR notes that the series comes with a “massive financial commitment” from both DC Entertainment and Netflix, with the streaming service always eager for the next big thing in television.

Reactions: Space Cadet
need to watch the extra episode. really enjoyed the first six episodes even without much background into the series. the last four were fine but his attitude seemed to change between those episodes

need to watch the extra episode. really enjoyed the first six episodes even without much background into the series. the last four were fine but his attitude seemed to change between those episodes
Very much like the volumes in the comics I'm afraid - tonal shifts in story telling. Ep 1 - 5 is Preludes and Nocturnes, Ep 6 to 10 is The Doll's House, Ep 11 is 2 (of 4) independent stories from Dream Country. You certainly recognise difference in attitudes/shifts and even I found it a wee jarring on first watch. Gaiman on writing Sandman was finding his feet too when he started and I feel that transfers into the show via the volume format to many episodes to tell that tale.

Reactions: mllNY
I watched the first episode and thought it was okay. Haven't continued though, especially because of the bad CGI in that episode. Heard a lot of praise though, so I'm a little on the fence if I should invest 10 hours into this.