Saving Private Ryan (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 16, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 3, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £27.99

Front.jpg

Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Special Features:

• An Introduction
  • Looking into the Past
  • Miller and his Platoon
  • Boot Camp
  • Making Saving Private Ryan
  • Re-Creating Omaha Beach
  • Music and Sound
  • Parting Thoughts
  • Into the Breach: Saving Private Ryan
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Re-Release Trailer
  • Shooting War

Meh

I can’t imagine this is that great on 4K? Blu ray wasn’t great either. Quite grainy. Suits the film to a degree. My favourite war film tho. Wish the steel was better

• Haha
Reactions: Robles and kitsune
Read good things about 4K.
To put a “film” down for being grainy seems silly to me. Film IS grainy; that’s how the picture is made up from strips of “film”. You cant just crank up the exposure on a dial like modern digital movies. in low light conditions you have to use higher rated film that is more grainy. Brighter conditions allow for slower film with fine grain. 24 frames of film per second means even on a still shot there are 24 different “photographs”. If the new 4K scan has been done properly you get a beautiful glistening picture. I love the look of older films in 4K, they are a true joy to watch. And I can honestly say this movie looks wonderful. They’ve done a great job.

Ive had the 4K bluray of this film for a couple of years now, and to me it looks amazing in 4K, The atmos sound like someone mentioned above is great especially the beach scene. The grain its great because it adds to the authenticity of it being set in WW2.

Overall the film is worth the pick up in 4K, Its the ultimate way to watch this harrowing yet epic movie.

Thought I recalled the original steel had gloss with debossing, but I just pulled mine off the shelf and it's flat with spot-gloss. Will be interesting to see what finish they go with for this one.

Reactions: tommyh84