• Unique, individually numbered crystal display plaque
  • Rigid clamshell box with magnetic closure
  • 4 collectible art cards, with film facts
  • Reproduction of Tony Montana's green card
  • Feature film on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray, plus Special Features

3A_Scarface_VAULT 003_2D-Packshot.png

3B_Scarface_VAULT 003_3D-Packshot.png

Last edited:
Zavvi jumped the gun on these, but I've gotten approval to merge the official announcement I have in the OP.

I think there's a lot of good content here that gives you a great idea of what the edition will be like.

I wonder if this version will have the theatrical opening scrawl of the US edition or the machine generated one of the European edition?

• New key art by Matt Ferguson & Florey from Vice Press
  • Acetate O-Ring, removes for type-free display of your key art
  • Unique, individually numbered crystal display plaque
  • Rigid clamshell box with magnetic closure
  • 4 collectible art cards, with film facts
  • Reproduction of Tony Montana's green card
  • Feature film on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray, plus Special Features
On Disc Special Features:

• Scarface 35th Anniversary Reunion
  • The Scarface Phenomenon
  • The World of Tony Montana
  • The Rebirth
  • The Acting
  • The Creating
  • Deleted Scenes
  • And More!

1. approaching well established mondo / bng / vice press artists is a very good idea.. matt ferguson has done some amazing stuff.. but not everything he and others have done is super good... why not license some of the super good art they have already done? certainly thats a lot less risky.. at least for some of them.. but sure, new commisioned art on some is cool as well.. but give us some real classics too

2. nobody wants a cd sized digipak instead of a steelbook.. i mean come on.. youre charging premium prizes, thats ridiculous

3. nobody wants flimsy plastic cases.. lets hope theyre just a slipcover around the rigid box (luckily that seems to be the case at first glance)

1. approaching well established mondo / bng / vice press artists is a very good idea.. matt ferguson has done some amazing stuff.. but not everything he and others have done is super good... why not license some of the super good art they have already done? certainly thats a lot less risky.. at least for some of them.. but sure, new commisioned art on some is cool as well.. but give us some real classics too

2. nobody wants a cd sized digipak instead of a steelbook.. i mean come on.. youre charging premium prizes, thats ridiculous

The cd sizes (probably a tad bigger in the full package) really put me off too. I will sound like a broken record but I really wish scarface and goodfellas was Steelbook with that art. Really like the somber artworks
3. nobody wants flimsy plastic cases.. lets hope theyre just a slipcover around the rigid box (luckily that seems to be the case at first glance)

I'd also love to see them as steelbooks, but that market is already over-saturated, so I can kinda understand why they went a different route. Would've been cool to see those numbered plaques double as stands if they did decide to do steels though. Not that I have anything against digis FYI!

I'd also love to see them as steelbooks, but that market is already over-saturated, so I can kinda understand why they went a different route. Would've been cool to see those numbered plaques double as stands if they did decide to do steels though. Not that I have anything against digis FYI!
is it tho? i pretty much stopped buying UK steelbook editions at all since theyre all so half-assed... rambo is the first decent edition to come out in ages.. i mean its really not that difficult.. nice full slip with exclusive matt ferguson art (with great finish) + classic poster art on the steelbook and it would sell like hot cake.. no need to desperately try and reinvent everything

i mean at this price it competes with something like manta lab double lenticular which has classic poster art on a high gloss premium steelbook and legendary drew struzan art on the super high quality lenticular full slip.. i mean cmon.. this is almost poor in comparison.. all it has going for it is the ferguson art and as nice as it is, it isnt as nice as the struzan
art (i just realized im in the scarface thread, but i mean the blade runner edition)

Last edited:
Reactions: jailbird_joey
is it tho? i pretty much stopped buying UK steelbook editions at all since theyre all so half-assed... rambo is the first decent edition to come out in ages.. i mean its really not that difficult.. nice full slip with exclusive matt ferguson art (with great finish) + classic poster art on the steelbook and it would sell like hot cake.. no need to desperately try and reinvent everything

i mean at this price it competes with something like manta lab double lenticular which has classic poster art on a high gloss premium steelbook and legendary drew struzan art on the super high quality lenticular full slip.. i mean cmon.. this is embarassing in comparison.. all it has going for it is the ferguson art and as nice as it is, it isnt nearly as nice as the struzan art
Bar 1917, there's countless steelbooks for these films already. Granted they're not all great, but that's obviously personal opinion, so chances are most collectors may already be happy enough with the steel they have and WB/VP therefore saw it as a risk (Mr Assumption over here :p). Although Matt previously did the cover art for those StudioCanal/Lionsgate Carpenter editions, so maybe that's really where the decision to do digis came from?? I'm not disagreeing with you though, they would definitely garner more attention and sell a lot better as steelbooks! My only concern with that would be whether they'd be even pricier?! I think their main mistake was choosing the UK as their market... we can barely afford the energy bill to boil the kettle at the moment, let alone splash out £50 on these.

Bar 1917, there's countless steelbooks for these films already. Granted they're not all great, but that's obviously personal opinion, so chances are most collectors may already be happy enough with the steel they have and WB/VP therefore saw it as a risk (Mr Assumption over here :p). Although Matt previously did the cover art for those StudioCanal/Lionsgate Carpenter editions, so maybe that's really where the decision to do digis came from?? I'm not disagreeing with you though, they would definitely garner more attention and sell a lot better as steelbooks! My only concern with that would be whether they'd be even pricier?! I think their main mistake was choosing the UK as their market... we can barely afford the energy bill to boil the kettle at the moment, let alone splash out £50 on these.
they will probably sell reasonably well because the FOMO crowd buys literally everything remotely limited

but it would be nice for a change if they gave us what we really wanted

they will probably sell reasonably well because the FOMO crowd buys literally everything remotely limited

but it would be nice for a change if they gave us what we really wanted
You're probably right there. I mean, I have FOMO, but I also have an empty wallet lol.

And, I hear ya! Feels like a lot of what we want/suggest goes over their heads most of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror

You don't watch other than local news, do you ?

Sigh !