Now Streaming Secret Invasion (Limited Series) [Disney+]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
A series starring Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as the Skrull Talos—characters who first met in Captain Marvel. The crossover comic event series showcases a faction of shape-shifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

FYZAac6UsAASGaN.jpeg

Last edited:
Best scene in the whole of MCU was the attack on Nick Fury in a bulletproof GM truck - if they gimme some of that, I'll be happy.
But I inadvertently caught rumors about my second favorite character, played by awesome Cobie Smulders, which immediately puts the whole series into Sucks category, and me in the default 'wasn't expecting anything better from Dishney' mode, so I'm not gonna watch until it's fully released and reviewed.

Reactions: williamhamson
@williamhamson
I thought the first episode was great! This felt like it actually has some real stakes. Most marvel seems very safe. This is not. And I really dug the spy thriller vibe they have going.

@Lenny Nero I love my fellow Vancouverite Cobie and she is amazing in this episode. She finally has an expanded role and she does awesome...
...and then they kill her. I was very angry about this at first, BUT it makes sense. It gives Fury motivation and establishes this Villain as a real threat. This episode immediately makes us believe Nobody is safe and Anyone can be a Skrull. I am very curious of the fate of Agent Ross as well. Is he dead? Is he captured?

I only have 2 things that bugged me.

1. The AI opening credits. Yes they looked cool. But this should not be allowed. I'm scared for the future of artists and this is just the first domino. Not cool.
2. I love Olivia Colman as an actress, but I didn't love her character so far. Hopefully that will change in future episodes.

@williamhamson
I thought the first episode was great! This felt like it actually has some real stakes. Most marvel seems very safe. This is not. And I really dug the spy thriller vibe they have going.

@Lenny Nero I love my fellow Vancouverite Cobie and she is amazing in this episode. She finally has an expanded role and she does awesome...

I only have 2 things that bugged me.

1. The AI opening credits. Yes they looked cool. But this should not be allowed. I'm scared for the future of artists and this is just the first domino. Not cool.
2. I love Olivia Colman as an actress, but I didn't love her character so far. Hopefully that will change in future episodes.

Agreed - I felt the same - first episode was great.

Re:
1. Sorry if I am being dumb - can you explain what you disagreed with about the opening credits?
2. I loved her character - think shes a great actress too. I thought she was a welcome change of pace and her interaction with Fury was one of the best scenes I felt.

Mendelsohn for me is superb - he rarely isn't.
SLJ & Cobie have always been amazing as Fury & Hill - wish they'd had more stuff earlier on in the MCU, their own series or something. Cobie certainly needed more of an expanded role in the MCU than she'd been given previously - perhaps her choice too?
Emilia Clarke - I will always watch anything she's in, feel she's not always given the best roles but she has range IMHO.

Yeah, loving it so far, can't wait to see where they take it - miffed we get some shows releasing everything at once and this is weekly goddammit. *shakes fist*

Reactions: kaw
1. Sorry if I am being dumb - can you explain what you disagreed with about the opening credits?

All good.

So the opening credits were created with Artificial Intelligence.

The technology has gotten so insanely good that you can now just type out what you want the AI program will make it for you.
Its become huge the past few months. Its inane seeing whats being created.

But by doing this, it means they no longer have to pay Artists for their time and work. Im sure this saved Marvel a ton of money doing it this way.
And this is the first official production to actually use it (that i know of).

As a graphic designer myself. I find this very concerning.
The AI gets its images from across the internet essentially stealing real artists artwork/photos and editing them to make it its own.

I'll be honest. Some of the stuff being made is really cool, I just don't like the slippery slope this is going.

Example:

All good.

So the opening credits were created with Artificial Intelligence.

The technology has gotten so insanely good that you can now just type out what you want the AI program will make it for you.
Its become huge the past few months. Its inane seeing whats being created.

But by doing this, it means they no longer have to pay Artists for their time and work. Im sure this saved Marvel a ton of money doing it this way.
And this is the first official production to actually use it (that i know of).

As a graphic designer myself. I find this very concerning.
The AI gets its images from across the internet essentially stealing real artists artwork/photos and editing them to make it its own.

I'll be honest. Some of the stuff being made is really cool, I just don't like the slippery slope this is going.

Example:

I've been playing around with AI generated graphics with a website called Leonardo.AI and it's amazing what it can create. A perfect example is the Deep Fake generated AI of Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian and since then it's 10x more advanced now. The thing that concerns me about AI is the malicious things that people are using it for, like getting around Anti-Virus software by constantly changing it to look like another piece of software or people using it to create exact duplicates of someone's voice to call an innocent person and tell them that their holding their daughter for ransom and using the Deep Fake voice as a proof of life. There are good things it can be used for but there is also a dark side to it that deeply concerns me. It's very quickly spiralling out of control and their are no mandates or internet laws governing it so it's a free for all right now but AI is definitely here now, I just hope it never becomes self aware.

Reactions: kaw and Noodles
I've been playing around with AI generated graphics with a website called Leonardo.AI and it's amazing what it can create. A perfect example is the Deep Fake generated AI of Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian and since then it's 10x more advanced now. The thing that concerns me about AI is the malicious things that people are using it for, like getting around Anti-Virus software by constantly changing it to look like another piece of software or people using it to create exact duplicates of someone's voice to call an innocent person and tell them that their holding their daughter for ransom and using the Deep Fake voice as a proof of life. There are good things it can be used for but there is also a dark side to it that deeply concerns me. It's very quickly spiralling out of control and their are no mandates or internet laws governing it so it's a free for all right now but AI is definitely here now, I just hope it never becomes self aware.
I have the exact same concerns and it baffles me that there are still no laws around it. It's already replacing people's jobs and being used to commit crimes/fraud/steal identities. There's no sign of it slowing down either, with its capabilities and accuracy improving day-by-day. I also recall reading something a little while back about a guy who works for some tech company having to terminate their AI because it was becoming self-aware... scary stuff :ohno:

As for Marvel... F those guys!

I have the exact same concerns and it baffles me that there are still no laws around it. It's already replacing people's jobs and being used to commit crimes/fraud/steal identities. There's no sign of it slowing down either, with its capabilities and accuracy improving day-by-day. I also recall reading something a little while back about a guy who works for some tech company having to terminate their AI because it was becoming self-aware... scary stuff :ohno:

As for Marvel... F those guys!
I'm in the process of writing a children's book about an adventurous kitten that I can sell on Amazon and this is one of the images that I created on Leonardo.AI for it. Your right about that, it's amazing on what it's capable of but also scary at the same time of the implications it could be used for in the wrong hands.

Chap1.1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: kaw and Noodles
I'm in the process of writing a children's book about an adventurous kitten that I can sell on Amazon and this is one of the images that I created on Leonardo.AI for it. Your right about that, it's amazing on what it's capable of but also scary at the same time of the implications it could be used for in the wrong hands.

View attachment 557208
That's awesome mate. Best of luck with it!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Absolutely god awful final episode, it's like all involved just couldn't be arsed by the end

I mean overall the show hasn't been great with 3 of the 6 episodes all ending with a are they/aren't they cliff hanger but it took a real noise dive with that finale