Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Blu-ray SteelBook) (SM Life Exclusive) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: December 24, 2021
Purchase links: Kimchi - Nova - WeET (Pre-order on December 10, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $38.99

1639020653199729.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we cant get a 4K Disney release out of Korea, would be nice if they would make this without the steel so we could stick the ol' BB steel in there.

Since we cant get a 4K Disney release out of Korea, would be nice if they would make this without the steel so we could stick the ol' BB steel in there.
i remember someone here asking if that'd be something people would be interested in, or including steels without discs too

i remember someone here asking if that'd be something people would be interested in, or including steels without discs too
It was @Aniv here :

Reactions: a_o
You can, weet have released all their wea mcu premiums with 4k discs. Granted, the most recently released film they've put out was Endgame, so things might have changed for BW, this and Eternals etc... have to see.

The same steel is in there as the BB steel, it's a wwa. So no need for the BB, just pop a 4k disc in if needed when they hit a sale. Price difference would be negligable.

Reactions: Mararagan
Well, for the folks who still anticipate that there will be 4K premium release from Blufans (Fantasy) or WeeT, here's the bad news:

Disney has stop 4K UHD prodution for most Asia region (except Japan), right now most Asia countries even don't get physical release anymore, yes, not even Blu-ray and DVD. (e.g. Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand...etc.)

That's why there are some survey asking for releasing empty Steelbook or even CD OST Steelbook's possibility...

The only TWO Asia countries still release Disney/Fox physical disc are Korea (Blu-ray/DVD) and Japan (4K UHD/Blu-ray/DVD), and for other Asia region, now we only get Disney+, this is really sad...

f.y.i. i believed the last Disney/Fox title released in Korea in 4K UHD is "Spies in Disguise", and the last Marvel 4K UHD release is "Avengers: Endgame".

And i guess this is the same reason why Blufans stop using Blufans name to release premium WEA Disney release since "Captain Marvel", cause Disney stop release physical disc in China since that title, Therefore they went to HK for continue their works. (There is no simplified chinese subtitle in disc since "Captain Marvel".)

Well, for the folks who still anticipate that there will be 4K premium release from Blufans (Fantasy) or WeeT, here's the bad news:

Disney has stop 4K UHD prodution for most Asia region (except Japan), right now most Asia countries even don't get physical release anymore, yes, not even Blu-ray and DVD. (e.g. Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand...etc.)

That's why there are some survey asking for releasing empty Steelbook or even CD OST Steelbook's possibility...

The only TWO Asia countries still release Disney/Fox physical disc are Korea (Blu-ray/DVD) and Japan (4K UHD/Blu-ray/DVD), and for other Asia region, now we only get Disney+, this is really sad...

f.y.i. i believed the last Disney/Fox title released in Korea in 4K UHD is "Spies in Disguise", and the last Marvel 4K UHD release is "Avengers: Endgame".

And i guess this is the same reason why Blufans stop using Blufans name to release premium WEA Disney release since "Captain Marvel", cause Disney stop release physical disc in China since that title, Therefore they went to HK for continue their works. (There is no simplified chinese subtitle in disc since "Captain Marvel".)
Are you saying Thor Ragnarok will be the last Disney 4K release for WeET?

Are you saying Thor Ragnarok will be the last Disney 4K release for WeET?
He doesn't know lol but what he is saying is 4k discs haven't been released in SK for mcu films post endgame, which is correct. It doesn't mean weet won't wangle it, but it's less likely.

I doubt Ragnarok will be their last 4K mcu release, as antman & the wasp and Dr strange are both probably still on the cards.

Reactions: MM3 and Mararagan
He doesn't know lol but what he is saying is 4k discs haven't been released in SK for mcu films post endgame, which is correct. It doesn't mean weet won't wangle it, but it's less likely.

I doubt Ragnarok will be their last 4K mcu release, as antman & the wasp and Dr strange are both probably still on the cards.
Even if you guys are speaking in general terms, technically, 4K discs have been released in South Korea after Endgame considering WeET is based in South Korea.

It's possible, in the near future, Disney may decide to stop licensing 4K discs to WeET (or movie discs altogether), but I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon. It isn't a good sign that Disney has stopped licensing movie discs to Blufans, forcing them to sell non-Disney titles.

If Disney eventually stops selling physical media in Japan and South Korea, it would only be a matter of time before they stop selling physical media in North America as well, so it's something to watch.

Premium steelbook sellers in Asia could sell empty steelbook editions for Disney franchises, but that would only work as long as physical media for Disney is still available outside Asia, particularly, in North America. Or they could simply adapt the way Blufans has and just forget about Disney.

dr strange wasn't released in 4k in korea by sm ilfe previously, whereas ant-man 2 and thor ragnarok were. maybe with the new film thee will be renewed interest in that franchise to capitalize off of.

dr strange wasn't released in 4k in korea by sm ilfe previously, whereas ant-man 2 and thor ragnarok were. maybe with the new film thee will be renewed interest in that franchise to capitalize off of.
Is wasn't by sm life, no. But that's because it wasnt available in 4k upon inital release, unlike Ragnarok etc.. I mean they may not be able to get their hands on a 4k dr strange, who knows. But they could always do a 3d release like gotg2 and civil war I suppose.

Antman 2 is apparently the next one on the cards, and I'd find it unlikely that that they'd leave dr strange as the only phase 3 mcu entry they wouldn't have released, particularly with the sequel coming up.

Antman 2 is apparently the next one on the cards, and I'd find it unlikely that that they'd leave dr strange as the only phase 3 mcu entry they wouldn't have released, particularly with the sequel coming up.
agreed. i'm looking forward to both because (as far as fullslips are concerned) i haven't bought the sm life ant-man 2, and i only got the blufans SL and filmarena hardbox of doctor strange so i hope the details and finish on what WeET does for those movies is spectacular regardless of which discs are included.

agreed. i'm looking forward to both because (as far as fullslips are concerned) i haven't bought the sm life ant-man 2, and i only got the blufans SL and filmarena hardbox of doctor strange so i hope the details and finish on what WeET does for those movies is spectacular regardless of which discs are included.
I'm looking forward to both too. However I will need to move on my am2 smlife and zavi lenti, also dr strange blufans 1/4 and fac lenti if/when they do get announced though :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: a_o
Is wasn't by sm life, no. But that's because it wasnt available in 4k upon inital release, unlike Ragnarok etc.. I mean they may not be able to get their hands on a 4k dr strange, who knows. But they could always do a 3d release like gotg2 and civil war I suppose.

well, Doctor Strange 4K is off the book for WeeT, cause we didn't get a 4K release for Doctor Strange in Asia region (expect Japan).

simple way to figure out if WeeT can or cannot release a title: check the subtitles info on all the Disney/Fox release, if there's Korea subtitle in it, there's a possibility for them to do a premium Steelbook release.

btw, i guess they will do a Spider-Man: No Way Home WWA Steelbook with different slip design, like Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
(NWH is released by Sony Pictures.)

Ah man. Weet better release ant man/ wasp and dr strange

How have we gone from over saturated marvel premiums with weet/ kimchi, blufans and nova to nothing. And the only guys giving us WEA are zavvi with a sh!tty lenti lol. If someone predicted that 4 years ago I’d of ridiculed you to this very day

Reactions: Mararagan
Ah man. Weet better release ant man/ wasp and dr strange

How have we gone from over saturated marvel premiums with weet/ kimchi, blufans and nova to nothing. And the only guys giving us WEA are zavvi with a sh!tty lenti lol. If someone predicted that 4 years ago I’d of ridiculed you to this very day
I strongly second that