Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Sharper (2023)

Tagline: Read between the lies.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Benjamin Caron

Cast: Julianne Moore, Sebastian Stan, Justice Smith, Briana Middleton, John Lithgow, Darren Goldstein, Phillip Johnson Richardson, Kerry Flanagan, David Pittu, Quincy Dunn-Baker, Lucy Taylor

Release: 2023-02-10

Runtime: 116

Plot: A con artist takes on Manhattan’s billionaires.

sharper_ver2.jpeg

This movie came out of nowhere for me, in that I didn't know about it being made, or seen any trailers. Going into it blindly just because of a one sentence synopsis and actors, thoroughly enjoyed this twisty con film, and even though my family was also tricked out of a major amount, I did not like the ending, preferring it go the other way. Maybe I'll reconsider, but I've always rooted for 'the bad guys'. Plus I like Julianne Moore. :D

Was going through the soundtrack, because I heard three songs I liked, and also one melody sounded very familiar, when Stan's character was taking the girl for a drive, very retro-synth-waveish, and surely enough a composition by Disasterpeace from It Follows was used in its entirety! I think it's the first time another movie's score is used in a new one. Well, probably not, but first time I'm finding out.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database