Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: She Said (2022)

Tagline: "Will you go on the record?"

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Maria Schrader

Cast: Zoe Kazan, Carey Mulligan, Patricia Clarkson, Andre Braugher, Jennifer Ehle, Samantha Morton, Angela Yeoh, Tom Pelphrey, Adam Shapiro, Maren Heary, Sean Cullen, Anastasia Barzee, Mike Houston, Keilly McQuail, Hilary Greer, Tina WongLu, Nancy Ellen Shore, Wesley Holloway, Stephen Dexter, Ruby Thomas, Emma Clare O'Connor, Brad Neilley, Stephanie Heitman, Jason Hewitt, Sujata Eyrick, Justine Colan, Steven Bitterman, Liam Edwards, Norah Feliciano, Kareemeh Odeh, Anita Sabherwal, Kelly Rian Sanson, Lauren Yaffe, Dalya Knapp, Maren Lord, Elle Graham, Zach Grenier, Ashley Judd, James Austin Johnson, Leah Kreitz, Gwyneth Paltrow

Release: 2022-11-17

Runtime: 129

Plot: New York Times reporters Megan Twohey and Jodi Kantor break one of the most important stories in a generation — a story that helped launch the #MeToo movement and shattered decades of silence around the subject of sexual assault in Hollywood.

Kind of interesting to see once, but otherwise a relatively boring film with a few standout scenes.
I'm sure there are many exaggerations from women themselves in this whole 'me too' movement, and those that just wanted to get something out of it, be it financial gain or public relevance, but that still doesn't negate those few actually true events, most horrid and impactful of which is the ruining of some of these women's careers. Hard to put a price on something lifelong like that. He wasn't just a horny bastard that used his position to get what he wanted, which many, many are guilty of, but he was bitter and vile enough to block those women that refused him from further work in the industry. That's what always worried and pissed me off the most.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database