Shipping crisis

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Might be as good a time as any to get out of the game....

Yeah I don't think it's going to be a good idea to pre-order anything that has to be shipped from overseas between now and some time next year. It's just going to get slower now with the holiday season around the corner.

Ugh this fills me with dread.

Pretty much says I'll be having all group buy orders shipped in November at the latest. No December shipping this year!!

but i want my xmas package :(

Gonna have to wait until Valentines

Valentines Day Kiss GIF

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
Got a 'few' packages lately, no 'crisis' here, except for congested navigation through the corridor... :wacky:

PackagesOkt21.jpg

If this might be of interest to anyone from my region on the forum, just wanted to share that while UPS chickened out, DHL is delivering Amazon packages from the US through Bahrain. That's an extra step, couple of days longer, from the usual Leipzig hub, instead of directly to Moscow.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Best thing here is since this is going through DHL i don't need to pay customs fee since package arrives from EU. xD
Best thing ever. xD

Best thing here is since this is going through DHL i don't need to pay customs fee since package arrives from EU. xD
Best thing ever. xD
Which retailer
Amazon already apply vat at checkout so you would not have customs look for any payment

Which retailer
Amazon already apply vat at checkout so you would not have customs look for any payment
If i order via eBay, before this sh*t, altough i paid for what i ordered if the package came from USPS it got stopped at customs and i had to pay fee for import process.
But since final tracking number is from DE it comes directly to me without waiting to complete customs process and therefore me not paying any fee.
Last few orders from US came like this. That is not case if i order that through GSP on eBay. Only USPS. But i don't trust them. They fuc*ed up too many times for me so i avoid them is possible.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
If i order via eBay, before this sh*t, altough i paid for what i ordered if the package came from USPS it got stopped at customs and i had to pay fee for import process.
But since final tracking number is from DE it comes directly to me without waiting to complete customs process and therefore me not paying any fee.
Last few orders from US came like this. That is not case if i order that through GSP on eBay. Only USPS. But i don't trust them. They fuc*ed up too many times for me so i avoid them is possible.
Ebay apply vat at checkout if delivery is to a EU address since July 1st 2021

Ebay apply vat at checkout if delivery is to a EU address
That i do know. But problem comes when package comes to my country - customs are not letting it go until i pay fee for import process, despite me paying VAT.
And there's another problem, if seller isn't registered with correct IOSS number, despite eBay auto applying VAT at checkout for all items under 150€, when customs check documents and when i have to fill data for import process if IOSS isn't correct i have to pay VAT again!
Despite i have proof of paying with VAT in. But trick is i canno't know if IOSS is right. I only find that out when i go fulfill form for import process and before i do that it says at side of it - VAT paid/VAT not paid. So if IOSS isn't right i had to pay it 2nd time...
That's why i'm happy that this changed. Finally some good change.

No issues with UPS with Amazon USA to Ireland

I got delivery in 4 days from when shipping label was created
Of course, they've only stopped deliveries to 'those two countries, one must not speak of'. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, fearing the post would be deleted, as 'political'. :thumbs:

Edit: Actually DHL was just getting those packages en-route to their destination, but halted new shipments as well now.

Also all European Amazons, and Zavvi, stopped accepting orders to Russian addresses, because of flight bans. Ground rail shipping doesn't exist, I guess...