E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Silent Night

Director: John Woo

Plot: An ordinary father heads into the underworld to avenge his young son’s death

Director John Woo’s Silent Night has been rated “R” for…

“Strong bloody violence, drug use and some language.”

I just got recommended this trailer on YouTube, it's awesome! That's what holy John Wick, genre-creating, career building, director reviving does! Gets John Woo himself out of a 20 year slumber! He hasn't had a movie since 2003's Paycheck, for all I care...

JohnWickIcon.jpg

Reactions: Kizersouze
I just got recommended this trailer on YouTube, it's awesome! That's what holy John Wick, genre-creating, career building, director reviving does! Gets John Woo himself out of a 20 year slumber! He hasn't had a movie since 2003's Paycheck, for all I care...

View attachment 564584

He's done movies. Actually couple of good ones too. Red Cliff I and II.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Truly terrible. 1 out of 5
Every bad cliché in the book. Shockingly poor narrative judgement being essentially wordless. It adds nothing and takes away everything.
I wanted out after 15 minutes but bravely stayed to the molten cheese, cringe laden ending. Painfully embarrassing.
Action movies evolved a decade ago with The Raid.
Jon Woo where have you gone? This tarnishes your 80's & 90's masterpieces.
Just agonisingly awful.
Can you guess I hated it. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Takes too long to get going, to the point I felt bored during the first half, and there isn't as much action as I thought there'd be, based on the trailer. Maybe I got spoiled by Wick 4 and such, but even Equalizer 3 and Clean with Brody seemed to have more action.
Main character makes some obvious mistakes along the way, like not reloading his pistol or picking up other guns (why doesn't anyone do that in ANY such movies?!), so he runs out of bullets when needed most. Of course all that is to get him beat up more, but looks a little dumb. As are all the faceless goons just running out in threes to get shot.
The most dangerous and effective enemy happened to be the drugged out junkie girlfriend, managing to wound and maybe kill everyone, which is rather funny.
But at least the main bad guy listens to really good music (I know it was just selected and probably added post production, but just saying).
I've made a playlist here:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database