SithLord84's Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
SithLord84's Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Hello and welcome to my Star Wars themed mancave. As you can see I am a huge fan of both Star Wars Trilogies. The statues you see here are from Sideshow Collectibles' Premium Format line. The collection itself is still very much a collection in progress, I couldn't tell you when I'll be finished but I do know that I am not done yet and I still have more statues on the way and I also have more posters/prints that will be added once they are framed.

The cabinets you see here are from Ikea, but all the parts are sold separately. The units themselves are called Besta, the doors are called Sindvik, and the interior lights are called Stotta.

In addition to the Star Wars collection the room features a Samsung 46" 3D LED TV, a Samsung HT-E5400 3D Home Theater System, as well as a Sony PS3 and a PS4.

20645872726_f08de58eb8_b.jpg

28261847536_c5fd4cb006_b.jpg

20645786006_044c2abe29_b.jpg

23131422163_b3a25e8682_b.jpg

Han Solo Premium Format

20484124900_668a48e1f7_b.jpg

19682667000_a6f95f265b_b.jpg

Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight Premium Format

28545080820_1e940cbe28_b.jpg

20484033428_97bde53e50_b.jpg

Boba Fett Premium Format

20672126035_e602cfbed7_b.jpg

20645848566_394e2935d4_b.jpg

20678827501_5390a41116_b.jpg

20049555074_4c6a6d4260_b.jpg

Chewbacca Premium Format

20678801181_19f56e7658_b.jpg

20678796901_162ba943fd_b.jpg

Darth Vader Premium Format - Exclusive

20678813581_0555e08bbe_b.jpg

20662844162_52fa5ee902_b.jpg

20672092385_1720e9f451_b.jpg

Anakin Skywalker Premium Format - Exclusive

28074197060_9e7e0297b5_b.jpg

28253280852_f9961a2099_b.jpg

Darth Maul Premium Format

20672075315_7261cce184_b.jpg

20672076165_27950800eb_b.jpg

Stormtrooper Premium Format

22729120281_abb9fe77a8_b.jpg

21265702878_788f4142f7_b.jpg

21265488890_4e3cf8f08e_b.jpg

C-3PO Premium Format

28215897371_a125546844_b.jpg

28190477082_4e8bc97a02_b.jpg

27678867873_123e0f0d31_b.jpg

Han Solo in Carbonite XL Rug from ThinkGeek.com

20678779531_59d29a13aa_b.jpg

"The Bad Guys" Celebration VI Print by Doug Wheatley

20678772841_1326368a1f_b.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
Thanks everybody!

Oh hell yes! Love the white on white with the Besta/ Sandvik combo. The framed posters, the Vader wall plate, and of course the stautes, love it!

Thanks so much bud! It took me forever to finally make a thread LOL. I definitely had to get myself one of those Han Solo rugs after seeing yours. Everyone who's seen the room likes that thing the most LOL.

I'm really happy how the white on white turned out. I wasn't sure how they would look, but this room gets really bad lighting, and I painted it even darker than it was before on top of it, so the black/brown color is just too dark unless I run lights 24-7. I have room for a 4th Besta if I need it, and I have a feeling I might :).

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
Thanks everybody!

Thanks so much bud! It took me forever to finally make a thread LOL. I definitely had to get myself one of those Han Solo rugs after seeing yours. Everyone who's seen the room likes that thing the most LOL.

I'm really happy how the white on white turned out. I wasn't sure how they would look, but this room gets really bad lighting, and I painted it even darker than it was before on top of it, so the black/brown color is just too dark unless I run lights 24-7. I have room for a 4th Besta if I need it, and I have a feeling I might :).

LMAO! Definitely!

I hear you on the dark room. Something I realized when doing mine, and even though I'm happy with it, I can't help but wonder what white would look like in there. You know, I really wish they'd make a few more colors like red, blue, green, etc. doors. The all white cabs look awesome! I do have some white Bestas in the garage that I haven't put together yet, for the loft, but no doors for them. What kinda lights you thinkin' about?

HAHA! Yeah, figures! You spend hundreds on statues, and everyone likes the $80 rug the most. ;) My MF rug gets the most compliments, so I know exactly what you mean.

Reactions: SithLord84
LMAO! Definitely!

I hear you on the dark room. Something I realized when doing mine, and even though I'm happy with it, I can't help but wonder what white would look like in there. You know, I really wish they'd make a few more colors like red, blue, green, etc. doors. The all white cabs look awesome! I do have some white Bestas in the garage that I haven't put together yet, for the loft, but no doors for them. What kinda lights you thinkin' about?

HAHA! Yeah, figures! You spend hundreds on statues, and everyone likes the $80 rug the most. ;) My MF rug gets the most compliments, so I know exactly what you mean.

Different colors would be really cool, especially if you could find a color that went with whatever colors your room was decorated with. I still say the black/brown looks classier than the white, but I am happily surprised how nice the white ones look once doors are put on them. I'm actually going to go with a battery powered LED strip. I was planning on running a wired LED like last time with the black one but with the white being brighter on the inside the hole I would have to drill would stick out too much for me. I'm going to be going with the 22" Ikea Stotta light, I picked one up when I bought the doors just to see if it would fit, and I didn't think it would but it does perfectly. Here it is:

20677735562_92731163a8.jpg

I'll pick up the rest of them once I can recoup a bit after the last Ikea shopping trip, those doors and hinges add up quick LOL.

I think just because the rugs are so unique and unexpected people just find more fun in them lol. If I knew that was going to be the case I should have just gone with 3 3/4" Hasbro figs instead of PFs lmao!

Different colors would be really cool, especially if you could find a color that went with whatever colors your room was decorated with. I still say the black/brown looks classier than the white, but I am happily surprised how nice the white ones look once doors are put on them. I'm actually going to go with a battery powered LED strip. I was planning on running a wired LED like last time with the black one but with the white being brighter on the inside the hole I would have to drill would stick out too much for me. I'm going to be going with the 22" Ikea Stotta light, I picked one up when I bought the doors just to see if it would fit, and I didn't think it would but it does perfectly. Here it is:

20677735562_92731163a8.jpg

I'll pick up the rest of them once I can recoup a bit after the last Ikea shopping trip, those doors and hinges add up quick LOL.

I think just because the rugs are so unique and unexpected people just find more fun in them lol. If I knew that was going to be the case I should have just gone with 3 3/4" Hasbro figs instead of PFs lmao!

Yeah, kinda like the lamps too. Also, when guests find out how much a statue is they quickly turn to the other stuff and figure those are more of a bargain.

You can't go wrong with either color, IMO. Kinda sad they don't have the colors they used to for more display options.

LMK how that light works. The GE ones I used ate up batts quick! That one in the pic looks alot lighter though. Probably more effecient too.

Yeah, kinda like the lamps too. Also, when guests find out how much a statue is they quickly turn to the other stuff and figure those are more of a bargain.

You can't go wrong with either color, IMO. Kinda sad they don't have the colors they used to for more display options.

LMK how that light works. The GE ones I used ate up batts quick! That one in the pic looks alot lighter though. Probably more effecient too.

I think a lot of people just can't fathom spending that much on a collectible. I think thats how we all are with the first PF, but then the addiction starts lol.

I'll let you know how the lights go once I get them all. I think they really made this size for the besta because it really fits perfectly across. And the battery compartment should be pretty much hidden by the borders of the doors when looking directly at the display. Those 2" borders on the Sindvik and Glassvik are really the prefect size IMO. They do a really good job of hiding the uneven shelf positions of the larger pieces.

I think a lot of people just can't fathom spending that much on a collectible. I think thats how we all are with the first PF, but then the addiction starts lol.

I'll let you know how the lights go once I get them all. I think they really made this size for the besta because it really fits perfectly across. And the battery compartment should be pretty much hidden by the borders of the doors when looking directly at the display. Those 2" borders on the Sindvik and Glassvik are really the prefect size IMO. They do a really good job of hiding the uneven shelf positions of the larger pieces.

Cool! Yeah, they look like picture frames almost. I like it!

LOL! I remember when I bought my first MR FX lightsaber and thought, "Why would I want those expensive hilts when these come with a cool lightup blade and are cheaper!" HAHAHA! A dozen hilts later, ;) . No doubt once you go high-end, it is a whole different story. And, for the record, statues are far better than props and prop replicas, IMO. They make a far better presentation.

Cool! Yeah, they look like picture frames almost. I like it!

LOL! I remember when I bought my first MR FX lightsaber and thought, "Why would I want those expensive hilts when these come with a cool lightup blade and are cheaper!" HAHAHA! A dozen hilts later, ;) . No doubt once you go high-end, it is a whole different story. And, for the record, statues are far better than props and prop replicas, IMO. They make a far better presentation.

The MR hilts are definitely better than the ones that come with blades and make sounds. Although the inner 6 year old in me heavily disagrees with that LMAO! But I agree the statues are the absolute best when it comes to collectibles. It just lets you experience the character as a whole, instead of only part of them like with a prop replica.

The MR hilts are definitely better than the ones that come with blades and make sounds. Although the inner 6 year old in me heavily disagrees with that LMAO! But I agree the statues are the absolute best when it comes to collectibles. It just lets you experience the character as a whole, instead of only part of them like with a prop replica.

I'm with you 100% dude! And, if I could afford both, I absolutely woud do it. Here's what my old room looked like right at the peak of my replica collection and at the start of collecting SS PF's. Well, one PF anyway, and still some GG and Code 3 stuff too:

79381.jpg

Miss it sometimes, but ultimately much happier with the route chosen.

I'm with you 100% dude! And, if I could afford both, I absolutely woud do it. Here's what my old room looked like right at the peak of my replica collection and at the start of collecting SS PF's. Well, one PF anyway, and still some GG and Code 3 stuff too:

View attachment 183011

Miss it sometimes, but ultimately much happier with the route chosen.

Oh man, I like that a lot too. I see you had posters and prints and all kinds of stuff too. Very cool. Your room looked so different, I do like the way you have it set up now more but that was still very freaking awesome! How were the prices of the MR stuff back then compared to PFs today? Some of those things have skyrocketed on eBay.

I know what you mean about missing some stuff, but you definitely made the right choice going with PFs :).

Oh, and I see you have your favorite on, ROTS :D.

Nice collection, Is the villains poster easy to pick up? Would like to buy one.

Thanks!

The villains print was actually the hardest to get item that I have. It was released at Celebration VI in Florida in 2012 and there was only 250 printed and they sold out. I was lucky to find one on eBay after looking for one for months.

Reactions: halliwell
Oh man, I like that a lot too. I see you had posters and prints and all kinds of stuff too. Very cool. Your room looked so different, I do like the way you have it set up now more but that was still very freaking awesome! How were the prices of the MR stuff back then compared to PFs today? Some of those things have skyrocketed on eBay.

I know what you mean about missing some stuff, but you definitely made the right choice going with PFs :).

Oh, and I see you have your favorite on, ROTS :D.

HAHA! It was actually the trailer for ROTS. The movie was still a few months away. Funny because alot of people thought I had a bootleg of it.

Prices were about the same. Started off low, and increased as the years passed. Then MR came out with an "Elite" line which meant they could make all the "limited" stuff over again which turned alot of collectors off. Yeah, bay prices are crazy on some of these. Back when I sold the Windu hilt, it went for $1800. That's the one I miss most too.

HAHA! It was actually the trailer for ROTS. The movie was still a few months away. Funny because alot of people thought I had a bootleg of it.

Prices were about the same. Started off low, and increased as the years passed. Then MR came out with an "Elite" line which meant they could make all the "limited" stuff over again which turned alot of collectors off. Yeah, bay prices are crazy on some of these. Back when I sold the Windu hilt, it went for $1800. That's the one I miss most too.

They probably figured if anyone would have a bootleg it must be the obsessed Star Wars fan LOL! There were actually a couple people with a ROTS bootleg at my work back then, but they didn't get it until it was already playing in theaters for a couple of weeks.

$1800 :OMG:? Well I'm sure that at least covered a few PFs for you lol. I never really looked into MR all that much I guess. Were the ES of the hilts more or less than PFs, well at least PFs back then? And how was the QC?

They probably figured if anyone would have a bootleg it must be the obsessed Star Wars fan LOL! There were actually a couple people with a ROTS bootleg at my work back then, but they didn't get it until it was already playing in theaters for a couple of weeks.

$1800 :OMG:? Well I'm sure that at least covered a few PFs for you lol. I never really looked into MR all that much I guess. Were the ES of the hilts more or less than PFs, well at least PFs back then? And how was the QC?

QC was great at the start and stumbled a bit a few years later. The biggest issue I remember was the Count Dooku hilt where the grips were pealing off. Can't think of anything else. As for ES, IIRC, anywher from 1000 - 5000 for most stuff. 2500 seemed to be the avarage though.

Yeah, I was offered that and still didn't want to give up the Windu hilt. It was beautiful!
swcoll_ep2mace.jpg

Thanks!

The villains print was actually the hardest to get item that I have. It was released at Celebration VI in Florida in 2012 and there was only 250 printed and they sold out. I was lucky to find one on eBay after looking for one for months.
Thanks for that. I will keep a look out on the bay for one. ;)

QC was great at the start and stumbled a bit a few years later. The biggest issue I remember was the Count Dooku hilt where the grips were pealing off. Can't think of anything else. As for ES, IIRC, anywher from 1000 - 5000 for most stuff. 2500 seemed to be the avarage though.

Yeah, I was offered that and still didn't want to give up the Windu hilt. It was beautiful!
swcoll_ep2mace.jpg

So it sounds like MR was pretty much the same with SS as far as QC goes. Started out great but then went downhill. That Windu hilt is one good looking hilt. I think my favorite hilt would either be Dooku's or Obi-Wan's TPM.

Thanks for that. I will keep a look out on the bay for one. ;)

Hope you find one :). You could also check Rebelscum and see if anyone is willing to sell theirs. Its a long shot but sometimes you'll get lucky and find someone who just has one laying around in storage and might let it go for the right price.