UK Someone to Watch Over Me (Blu-ray Standard Edition) (Indicator) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

lenticularis

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: May 29, 2023
Purchase links: Powerhouse Films - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £9.99 (Powerhouse) - £17 (Amazon) - £16.99 (HMV)

StWOMbr.PNG

After exploring the science-fiction and fantasy worlds of Alien, Blade Runner and Legend, famed British director Ridley Scott turned to modern-day New York for Someone to Watch Over Me, one of a number of adult-orientated erotic thrillers, including Fatal Attraction, Black Widow and Jagged Edge, to appear in the late eighties.

Tom Berenger (Platoon, Inception) plays a blue-collar NYPD detective assigned to protect a wealthy murder witness (Mimi Rogers, The Rapture). Soon, the relationship becomes an affair, threatening Berenger’s marriage to Lorraine Bracco (Goodfellas, The Sopranos), and the killer is still on the loose…

Stylishly shot by Steven Poster (Donnie Darko), Someone to Watch Over Me is glossy, high-concept filmmaking from start to finish.

INDICATOR STANDARD EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • 2K restoration
  • Original stereo soundtrack
  • Audio commentary with filmmaker and film historian Jim Hemphill (2021)
  • Someone… to Write a Script (2019, 11 mins): writer Howard Franklin recalls working with director Ridley Scott and the inspirations behind his screenplay
  • Someone… to Shoot a Movie (2019, 14 mins): director of photography Steven Poster discusses creating the distinctive look of the film
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing