Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 8, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99

81emQ7Di4JL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

13752933-1654953151726620.jpg

Last edited:
Really like that and really liked the film too. The spine is a bit naff though and I don't like it. Will probably get a spine magnet the cover that.
The spine is my only real complaint too... I like the idea, but the colour just doesn't work - they should've done it red/orange to match the same pattern of the '2' on the front IMO.

Reactions: Flloydo
The spine is my only real complaint too... I like the idea, but the colour just doesn't work - they should've done it red/orange to match the same pattern of the '2' on the front IMO.
Exactly. I could've gone for that without quibble. Same goes to the bordered pattern on the interior art, to a lesser degree.

Reactions: Noodles
Think this is actually amazing.

for anyone who doesn't know, this specific poster was designed as a nod to the original sonic 2 cover art:

sonic-2-poster_feature.jpg

But that's not the only reference, A couple have taken issue with the spine & the border on the inside art. But it works (imo enhances the overall package) because it's also a homage. As the original american version of sonic 2 used that pattern too. to my knowledge ONLY sonic 2 used that 'coloured' pattern on the spine, so to sonic fans it's synonymous with that era of sonic. To me, a massive fan of sonic 2 (the game) it's genius. Honestly kinda wish they'd even put a border (ripe for embossing) around the cover art too (like the old genesis games did)

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 20.49.15.png

I didn't even like the movie tbh, but the overall design is strong enough that I'm incredibly tempted.

for anyone who doesn't know, this specific poster was designed as a nod to the original sonic 2 cover art:

But that's not the only reference, A couple have taken issue with the spine & the border on the inside art. But it works (imo enhances the overall package) because it's also a homage. As the original american version of sonic 2 used that pattern too. to my knowledge ONLY sonic 2 used that 'coloured' pattern on the spine, so to sonic fans it's synonymous with that era of sonic. To me, a massive fan of sonic 2 (the game) it's genius. Honestly kinda wish they'd even put a border (ripe for embossing) around the cover art too (like the old genesis games did)

View attachment 531751

I didn't even like the movie tbh, but the overall design is strong enough that I'm incredibly tempted.
That’s actually really cool

View attachment 531751

I knew about the poster being inspired, but the spine clearly went by me. Still not a fan of it on the steel though lol.

Reactions: samdavies
Oh yeah, I still have that cartridge, been cleaning out a spare apartment, and found a suitcase full of them.
Only that checkered pattern goes all around to the front, like in a frame, yeah, so it's not out of place, like on the steelbook. But I don't care how spines look, besides the mortuary files looking spines of KinoLorber.

You folks in the UK keep getting hosed on the Paramount steelbook prices.

This is $32.99 in Canada which is only £20.49.

I Believe it’s still the biggest seller of all versions. Mental
Yeah I think it is and by a lot. It boggles my mind. Like far be it from me to tell people what to buy. But if you are still buying new movies on dvd, you are doing it wrong. Imagine buying the new Dune... On dvd...

Reactions: Flloydo
I genuinely do not understand why anyone would buy a dvd, assuming there is a better quality available. I mean it's SD, and the vast majority of the country will have at least HD tvs now. Logic would tell you to stream HD instead of buying dvds..

I genuinely do not understand why anyone would buy a dvd, assuming there is a better quality available. I mean it's SD, and the vast majority of the country will have at least HD tvs now. Logic would tell you to stream HD instead of buying dvds..
Exactly. I mean I still have a **** load of dvds cos I have been collecting since the early 2000s. But with very few exceptions I only buy 4k now. I picked up Four Christmases last December ad part of my Christmas movie a day advent calendar. But it was like £3 on amazon and I just needed a quick copy to watch and honestly I don't rate the movie all that highly anyway.