Release date: June 8, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

12479250-2744750464196944.jpg
12479250-1994750464451020.jpg12479250-9684750464388605.jpg
12479250-1074744810933191.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Arrived this morning. Like the look of it but its got a lovely little spine slash. Have sent an email to Zavvi to see what they'll do about it so will probably get the customary 5% refund or some nonsense.

And could be low print run, who knows. This steelbook is in nice full gloss so maybe they produced smaller batch. But also the film is simple, but good fun, I liked it. Jim Carrey was funny again....since like...90s :LOL:

Reactions: Flloydo and Robles
Find it hard to believe that this has sold out tbh.

I don’t. Did anywhere else get this? Lovely steel and surprisingly good And entertaining film. Must be a small print run

either that or covid is still affecting shipments of batches to them. Possibly?

TBH so did i until i watched it, it was a fun movie i really enjoyed it. I wish i had ordered now.
Ditto, I was surprised at how fun it actually was. Jim hadn’t been that funny in god knows how long.

I usually pre order most Steels and cancel them nearer to release if they aren’t selling out but for some crazy reason I decided not to on this occasion.
I am just happy I managed to get in on the restock.

Reactions: Flloydo
I don’t. Did anywhere else get this? Lovely steel and surprisingly good And entertaining film. Must be a small print run

either that or covid is still affecting shipments of batches to them. Possibly?
TBH so did i until i watched it, it was a fun movie i really enjoyed it. I wish i had ordered now.
I enjoyed the movie too... really fun for both kids and adults and I'm honestly hoping for a sequel. I was mostly referring to the price though... surprised anyone pays that amount for a a standalone steel nowadays, but maybe that's just me. Plus folks didn't appear to be overly excited about this steel - the thread is only 3 pages *shrug*

Reactions: Flloydo
I enjoyed the movie too... really fun for both kids and adults and I'm honestly hoping for a sequel. I was mostly referring to the price though... surprised anyone pays that amount for a a standalone steel nowadays, but maybe that's just me. Plus folks didn't appear to be overly excited about this steel - the thread is only 3 pages *shrug*
I would assume that this didn't just appeal to the likes of steelbook collectors and because of it being Sonic the hedgehog that already has quite a large following, it would appeal to quite a few collectors out there.

Also the standard 4k release is £24.99 so i know which id go for :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
Ditto, I was surprised at how fun it actually was. Jim hadn’t been that funny in god knows how long.

I usually pre order most Steels and cancel them nearer to release if they aren’t selling out but for some crazy reason I decided not to on this occasion.
I am just happy I managed to get in on the restock.

Agree, I don’t really find Jim funny anymore (newer films - prob haven’t in about 10 years) but he’s great in this.

ahh I didn’t realise you had seen it.
I’m pretty sure a sequel has been greenlit. Unless I’m making that up. I really want to see tales and knuckles this time.

true, but that does happen sometimes. Rare release, low print run, secretly popular + nice steel.

And/ or @Robles is right and it’s appealed to the gamers too. But I have a feeling this is a really low print run. I did see loads of pics on social media when it was released. I just think this was a rare occasion of a quiet thread

Reactions: Noodles and Robles